Humilin I kwikpen

Steve Hare

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Hi,

I am on the humilin I kwikpen injection at night before dinner, I was told to keep increasing my dosage until I can get my morning levels down to about 7. I'm currently taking a dosage of 28 with no luck. What dosage are others taking? as I think I'm taking too long increase through fear.

jimgreen777

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I am on the humilin I kwikpen injection at night before dinner, I was told to keep increasing my dosage until I can get my morning levels down to about 7. I'm currently taking a dosage of 28 with no luck. What dosage are others taking? as I think I'm taking too long increase through fear.
hi steve
im on three types of insulin humalog mix 25 in the morning humilin s at lunch and humilin lispro at nigght i also take oral medication am and pm i guess it depends on what you eat as to how much insulin you will need what is your blood glucose before your evenong meals ?

g1xrf

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Steve,

Like you I am gradually increasing my insulin dose to get my fasting BG level down to below 7. Started off on 4units before bedtime and was told to increase by 2unitsevery 3 days untilln i get to target, also told that I may need up to 60 or 70 units to achieve this. Plenty of people on this site will give you well meaning advice and support be do remember that we are all different and have unique needs, follow the advice given to you by your healthcare professional, they are the experts

Steve Hare

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Thankyou all, it's been 6 years of changing medication / increasing since diagnosis. Can't wait to finally get control. Had a strange week this week. Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday mornings were my best levels to date at 7.8, 7.8 and 6.9 but then I had a hypo at work on Wednesday morning after having 2 crackers before driving a motorbike to work and had a banana at work at about 9:30am. By 11AM I was going hypo, by the time I checked my levels I'm pretty sure I had a liver dump. Anyway after sorting my self out and ending up sleeping after my hypo I was high levels for the rest of the week. Does anyone else feel when they think they have a liver dump and does anyone else get really tired and need to sleep after having a hypo?