Hungry for Change

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars
Had a brief scan of this forum and the search engine did not pull anything up. I am not going to put a link in, suggest you do a G##gle yourself for "Hungry for Change" and take advantage of the free 6 day chance to watch this. It is a must for all who want to make a change. Think that most low carbers already know this stuff.

Now my son has just told me about "Fat, sick and nearly dead".

Off to check that one.
Alison

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Alison, I haven't seen this video. Have you?
The reason I ask is that I had the impression that it might come from a group whose ideas are contrary to yours. I have seen it promoted on another D forum by someone who is a vegan ( Her other half has had success following a McDougall diet ie high starch low fat,vegan) If you google it with the word vegan you will find a lot of vegan sites promoting it.
I'd be interested to watch it just to see now but TBH I don't want to put my details on their database, .

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars
I did watch it very, very late last night and it seemed to mostly agree with what I subscribe to. ie low carb, fresh even raw food where possible. I will have to watch again when not so tired but it has hooked in quite a few of my circle.
It has inspired my son who is not a picture of health to order a portable juicer to take with him on his coach tours of Europe and he understands that he should not be using fruit as a base from the movie!!
The movie is causing a deal of ripples.
Can only hope.
Alison

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The Youtube trailer is certainly powerful with the dramatic music in the background. Nothing wrong with people following a vegan diet and my brothers brother and sister-in-law are both vegans, the food choices are limiting but they seem to get by just the same and seem healthy enough.

I was surprised to see Jamie Oliver in the promotion video, I was watching his Great Britain series last year and most of the food he was cooking was far from healthy :think:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/jamies-great-britain

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Nothing wrong with people following a vegan diet and my brothers brother and sister-in-law are both vegans, the food choices are limiting but they seem to get by just the same and seem healthy enough
No, I agree.(with reservations about B12) Indeed the trailer seems to be suggesting the same type of things as Michael Pollan has been writing about; and with which I agree. If that's it then absolutely fine
It was just rather strange seeing Alison suggest watching it when I'd just read a whole long thread elsewhere . It was rather acrimonious. I've since done a bit of searching.

The film makers have a previous video :Food Matters . The website linked to it has a diabetes section, google it and see what you think.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think I've just found a copy of it online with no need for sign up.
http://vimeo.com/38632012
I can' watch it at this time of night (and possibly not at all) as my broadband is not very broad!
Others might have better luck.