Hurray! I found it!! How to start a new thread on the Forum!! Only took me half an hour......

S

Sable_Jan

It's taken me so long to find out how to start a new thread (easy to find how to start a conversation, but I can't say that I know anyone well enough to start a conversation with - yet! ) that I can't remember what I actually wanted to post....

Thing is though this looks as though it is only for introducing myself so what do I do to start a new thread next time, when I do remember what I was going to ask? I love all the info on the site and involvement and helpfulness of all the members on the site so its definitely THE place to be for all things diabetes related BUT can we have a button at the top that says "start a new post on the forum" please??

Jan
Pre-diabetic but using a meter cos I think that's the only way I will find out if I'm heading in the right direction with my food choice changes

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

It may be strange to reply to myself but I've just realised you have to go into a particular forum to start a thread in it - I was trying to find a general "start a thread" button. As you may, by now, have realised I've never used ANY sort of forum before.......... Maybe for those like me there could be instructions on the "welcome" email on how to use a forum? Coals to Newcastle for many I guess but - I didn't know how :confused:

Reactions: 2 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
lol, well done in finding it :) you sound nuts but really nice im sure we are gonna have some fun :)

S

Sable_Jan

lol, well done in finding it :) you sound nuts but really nice im sure we are gonna have some fun :)
Hi Andy12345
Yep, nuts I will happily accept :D (I am nice too :angelic:)
Did you read the post, no idea which forum it was in as I just picked it up from the site's email, a poor lady (I think) was asking if sickness and diarrhoea were symptoms of Diabetes - she did get some good answers but it did degenerate into how metformin (am I right there?) made many people windy right down the bottom as in "lighting farts"

Not laughed so much in ages reading that. Just shows that diabetes does NOT affect one's sense of humour!! Not in the slightest :joyful:

Oh yeah, see I got the name of the meds right - its on the bottom of your post :D

kerrygrant26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Brown rice, all the negative attention diabetics get from the media
Congratulations on your first post, it took me a while to figure out how to do things on here but trust me you will soon get the hang of it :)

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
Well done! Life can be difficult and dark but on here you will find much to amuse and a LOT to inform. Glad to have you aboard! :D

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
If you think the first one was bad wait till you find out how addictive this forum is l am looking for a forum lowering diet no luck yet :)

By the way you are in the greetings forum..... Welcome :-D

S

Sable_Jan

Thank you for the welcomes from:

Mud Island Dweller, Popsy & KerryGrant26 I thought I'd reply to all three at once, save my bruised fingers. Joined in a thread yesterday a nervous new finger pricker posted. My fingers reminded me about it as I type cos I've got a couple of bruises around the prick sites (and I didn't squeeze, I just bruise easily)

I've joined in with quite a few other threads on various forums and everyone sounds so really nice and friendly

Reactions: Robinredbreast

MaxineKL

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I too am trying to find out how to start a new thread, so if one of you could please tell me how, I'd really appreciate it. At this point, all I can do is "reply," so I hope someone reads this and replies with this information (I've requested email notifications of replies). Thanks!
Maxine in Canada (pre-diabetes, member for several months, doing moderate carbs and high healthy fats plus lots of walking)

Reactions: gvintagedrken

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Hi @MaxineKL ...to start a new thread, go to whatever forum you want on the list (eg. Ask A Question or Type 2)...you will see a green box on the top right "Post a New Thread" kinda thing. You have to be signed in to see it. Write your post and then scroll down to "Create thread". You will receive an immediate message saying its been posted.

MaxineKL

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Thanks, pleinster! I just figured it out. My problem is that I mostly visit the forum using the app on my phone, which doesn't show the green button. But once I realized that each forum has one that shows on my laptop, I went back to the app and did a thorough search - just out of curiosity I clicked on the pencil icon (which suggests "edit" to me) and lo and behold, it took me to a new screen headed, "New Topic". So I think I have succeeded. Thanks again.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
It's taken me so long to find out how to start a new thread (easy to find how to start a conversation, but I can't say that I know anyone well enough to start a conversation with - yet! ) that I can't remember what I actually wanted to post....

Thing is though this looks as though it is only for introducing myself so what do I do to start a new thread next time, when I do remember what I was going to ask? I love all the info on the site and involvement and helpfulness of all the members on the site so its definitely THE place to be for all things diabetes related BUT can we have a button at the top that says "start a new post on the forum" please??

Jan
Pre-diabetic but using a meter cos I think that's the only way I will find out if I'm heading in the right direction with my food choice changes

Hello and welcome Jan :):D

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was thinking 'what the...............' Jans been posting on this forum left right and centre, then I though perhaps it's just replies, or someones taken over/hijacked their account, confused...................until I checked the posting date....................LOL! :D It's too early!

Brig456

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Jan
Thanks for this!