Hypo awareness in second trimester please advise

Worried123

I lost my hypo awareness during first trimester and didn't have any in second trimester even when I hit lows as low as 1.4. I am still in my second trimester 18 weeks today and suddenly my hypo awareness has returned I can now sense my hypo around 2.5. Has this happened to anyone else??? Worried that something is wrong with pregnancy please help

S-L-R

Hi & congratulations!
It is completely normal so do not worry.
I have 2 kids and I wish someone had told me about the serious lows at the start and all during your pregnancy (and even weeks after). You produce a hormone when pregnant which makes you incredibly low.
I have been a diabetic since 7 (now 36) and never did I go as low as 1 or had to have so many glucagons injected.
I was way worse on my 1st baby though but all I can advise is to check yourself every hour or so as one minute you could be 6 and the next 2 ...
I had great support from my husband, he was amazing. If I didn't answer my phone he was straight home or to work to check (very embarrassing sometimes!!)
Hope all goes well but don't worry it's totally normal. In a way it's having to learn all about pregnancy diabetes as to me it was completely different. No one can tell how much energy the baby can take from you on a day to day basis so it's take a day at a time ...
For me every day was different anyway.
Mind yourself.
S

S-L-R

Sorry I meant to say my hypo awareness came back but if I had another really bad low it would disappear again - my doctor said this was totally normal. Ask about this at your next check up as they'll explain why it happens - I prob wouldn't get all the facts right!