hypo..eat?

Maria

hi just been told may have diobetec...small amount clucose in urine..no enzimes....blood tests showd lil bit high..have to go for starve test in hospital..then have suger and wait for 2 hours to see how my blood is then..been waking with tummy aches...like hunger pains..but not like low blood suger..so i eat just incase..but it does not go away like low blood suger does..it takes a while to ebb off..the panick blury..not nice..wondering should i eat or not? or do i take a sweet or something?..been border for many years..so maybe this will be worse..i dont drink that much(fluide) thought i would.
scared and confused.
Maria.

bluebird

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Grumpy folks and taking tablets
Hi Maria

Try not to be too anxious. Hopefully, if they say you are diabetic then you might only have to control it by diet. Ensure that you have breakfast,lunch,evening meal and take a snack in the morning and afternoon. The number of meals may be more than you have now so just decrease the amount on your plate. If you eat healthily and take at least 30 minutes a day excersie you are bettering your chances of controlling diabetes.

Some of the members, myself included, are following what is known as the cure. See posting/threads on Have your Say. See what the doctors have to say and if you are diagnosed with diabetes then perhaps you could give the cure a try.

I was diagnosed in 2005 and at the time felt pretty ropey - tired, tingling in feet and hands, aching in muscles. I changed my diet slightly by increasing fruit and veg, having soya milk on my shreddies, slightly reducing intake of red meat, changing from butter to flora pro-active (reading some of the members postings it appears that butter is ok). I now feel much better but still have days when I don't feel up to par. If I can carry on controlling my diabetes then I have nothing to grumble about.

The pains in your tummy may just be your digestive system not working as it should but mention it to the hospital and your doctor and if it continues then keep on to your doctor.

Keep your chin up
Regards Val

Maria

awww Thank you val :)
Feel much better now..i was not sure what to eat when i get a funny turn as it wakes me and i rarley get sleep as it is....when i have a hyper does that meen i need food? or something sweet?..its not nice is it a hyper im always afraid of passing out...my blood suger is around 5 after meal 2 hours maybe a 6 or 7....are you just controle please?.
thank you once again so much.
regards
maria.

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Maria,

Don't get confused between hyper and hypo. They are opposites.

Hyper is where your blood sugar level is very high. It makes you feel a bit ropey and lethargic, sometimes slightly nauseous, but is not dangerous except in the long term.

Hypo is where your blood sugars drop to a dangerously low level. If you don't have something to eat, preferably sugary, then you could go into a coma.

The two sound so similar its easy to get them confused.

Maria

hello
thank you...yes i was confused...the ropey one is that when you can go blurred? and makes you very anxeouse?..what do you do when hypo then? so my bloods will be very high in this stage?
maria.
sory so new to this.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Maria,hypo is when your BS (Blood sugar) is below 4.This is when you need to eat some carbs...something sugary like a Mars bar or a fruit juice drink.Are you on any medicines?Remember hyp<b>O</b> is bel<b>O</b>w! If your BS is around 6 or 7 two hours after a meal that is a fairly good number!(wish mine was!)When you feel ropey and lethargic have you tested your BS to see what it is?

Maria

hello
yes..did you meen test when i was tired and ropey..well i did it was around 10 but i had just had jacket potatoe and salad. so i worked out and got it down to 7.when im off its around 5 i think..not checked that..it wold be low you recon?..so when im sweaty and feel edgy and very anxoiuse..thats a hypo? and when its high..and im very hungry..im not suposed to eat then?..as the hunger pangs are aften..no meds yet..as b4 i mentiond got a test due..and then they put me on pills..but if i controle..maybe not..itsall scarey stuff.
regards
maria.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Maria here is the link to the Diabetes web site.On the right hand side is a bit that says newly diagnosed.Have a read of it to get more information.Try not to be too upset,we were all like that to start with until we learned about diabetes and how to live with it.

http://www.diabetes.org.uk/

Maria

Thank you for all your help.
Does diabetes makes you feel ill all the time?
i canot sleep at all..as before i used to sleep a lot..or am i panacking? I dont know were to start..and i know of feelings like hypo and hyper..can someone explain what some of the feelings are..might make me feel better you see..knowing whats what!!or is it just the blood suger test monitering that tells you whats what?..how often do i take bloods? am i being far to over anxeouse?.
please advise..i have read up on it and find it hard to get the jist of it..as in foods? do i look for food that keeps blood low all the time? as people who dont have diabetes have 5 to 7 reading before meals and can go up after..if its a high reading..what is best to do?
if its low..i have gatherd i eat carbs.
kindest regards
Maria.
im shaking all the time and canot relax.took my bloods and they are low before meal and high after..somtimes a 10 after food and slips down to a 5 then or even a 4.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Have you talked to your doctor about this ,Maria,you sound very anxious,maybe anxiety is causing some of your bad feelings and your blood sugars don't sound too bad.
Test when you get up in the morning before breakfast.Test again before your evening meal.If these readings are below 7 and above 4 then you are controlling your BS OK.But above all go and talk to your nurse or doctor.

Maria

hello.
yes i will talk to my doctor when i can get in to see him..i did take bloods this morning and that was 10..had toast around 2am tho..was 5.1 before evening meal. ate meat and veg with small amount potatoes and mushrooms boild...im having trouble sleeping and cant nap..so must be tired..i do stress yes about things..till i understand them.
thank you for your kind help i do feel a lot better talking in here.
regards
Maria.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Keep reading as much as you can and talking Maria,hopefully it will take away your anxiety a bit.

Maria

hello again.
I have been confused as i have been taking blood b4 and after meals and inbetween..and its up and down..is this where i have been going wrong?
kindest regards
Maria.

Reactions: 2 people

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
I think so ,Marie.Blood sugar does go up and down during the day depending on what you eat,how much exercise/work you are doing etc.Try and take it before a meal and two hours later,take a note of your blood sugar in a note book for a week.If it is between 4 and 6.9 before a meal it is fine.If it is under 10 two hours after it's OK.If it above these numbers take a note of what you have eaten as some foods put up blood sugar more than others.Having toast at 2am would put your morning BS up!there's a lot of carbs in bread.

Maria

hello again :)
hmmm just finished brown jam butty...didnt think bread would do that..wanted to ensure i didnt wake with the dreded lowb/suger feeling.
i dont work..and illnes stop me excersising..i have done for years worked out..and then got virtigo was poorley for long while..then stoped smoking..put on weight on top of weight with being virtical for 3 months..now im walking machining it on and off..but must do it reguler as it takes blood/suger down right away.
kindest regards
Maria
thank you for being so careing.

Maria

hello sue :)bit better last night..woke at 4am..after corn flakes b4 bed..blood was 5.3..felt hungry so ate more cornflakes ..woke again at 8.35am..blood b4 food was 5.4..felt shakey tho (that confused me a little)so got up didt rush brekfast as my bloods were ok..shakey still tho..then had some cornflakes..and a tea..out of the blue..came this horrible feeling!sweaty..felt sickly..anxiouse but was like few peeks of panick not to nice edgey...then after a while it went and i felt a very relaxed feeling right after..was this a hyper? if it was theres not a lot one can do is there as you feel not to nice..hypo you can eat sweet items....and i didnt think my blood was to high...so any information on thie (feeling i had this morning)hyper??..and others who experience this do they get the same feelings.? its just to help me not to worry to much if it is a hyper.
thank you again.
kindest regardsand respect.
Maria.

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Maria,

You seem to be getting the same symptoms whether your sugar levels are high or low. The symptoms you describe are all typical of a panic attack. If that is the case then they are not directly caused by your diabetes, but you are obviously very anxious about your diabetes (which is perfectly understandable) and a panic attack could be caused simply by your worrying about the diabetes. You need to see your doctor about it and describe the symptoms to him/her.

Maria

Hi denis.
I used to suffer with panick attacks..years ago..at the moment i am not to worried as people on this site are helping me..wondering if maybe my age even..you know..does that couse panick attacks im wondering..but the attacks are from no were but alwyas start with hunger pain pangs?
what are yourhypers like and how do you know you are getting one? and what would your blood be when you get one..if i get a better idea denis then it will help me a great deal to understand more..usualy panick attacks (when i used to suffer them)real worry..but when these feelings come on im not actualy worreing maybe waching tv..or cleaning exctra..thank you for asnwering me tho.
kindest regards
maria.

Maria

hello dave.
Just realized here...with you saying panicks..and myself thinking on it.....i was put on other medds about 5weeks ago....fluoxetine..all the things im feeling when i read the leeflet...just tryd to ask doc but they cant fit a phone call in they busy..so ill have to wait till tomorow..think ill stop taking them or cut down.
why didnt i think of this before. omg.
regards
maria.