Type 1 Hypo symptoms

afc79

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have been diabetic 26 years but recently I have been suffering with hyper symptoms when having a hypo. It's very confusing my bm is 2.8 but I feel like they are in the high 2o's I get so dehydrated and always wanting to pee my nurse doesn't know why this happens was hoping someone else may be having the same problem or has heard of this and has any info or suggestions on how to fix this problem

JayPRocks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I have been diabetic 45 years odd. More or less... I have this symptom from time to time, bar the pee part. I understand the nurse not knowing but then unless the nurse is a diabetic they would fail outright to understand how a hypo or hyper is or feel like. Unfortunately I know not of a cure apart from the blood test that we do to gauge what our BS is at that moment in time. Sorry I cant be of more help and I hope you will not let you worry you too much.

afc79

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thank you jayprocks I'm trying not to worry to much it's just all a bit confusing that's all and it makes me feel awful. Thank you for responding. X

Reactions: 2 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Have you discussed it with your consultant? He or she may know more about these things than your nurse does.

JayPRocks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you jayprocks I'm trying not to worry to much it's just all a bit confusing that's all and it makes me feel awful. Thank you for responding. X

Welcome :) Sorry for not getting back earlier. Just finsihing the night shift...

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@afc79 I have the peieing ymptom with hypos sometimes and can also feel very thirsty, although that's more afterwards than at the time.

When I was diagnosed, I was told that the symptoms of hypos and hypers can sometimes be confused, and at first I didn't see how this could happen, but now I do. I don't find it a problem. I always test to make sure I'm not mis interpreting my symptoms.

As for the peeing, I think I was told once that it was your body trying to get rid of water to 'concentrate' the remaining glucose, but I don't remember the details.

I've found hypo symptoms can vary a lot, and as long as your body is telling you you're hypo, then there's nothing to worry about :)