Hypo treatment

bufferz

After my scare the other week of getting my 1st hypo in work, I came to realise that it may be in my interest to have something for if i hypo in the gym, etc....I have noticed shops stock these small cans of red bull, would these do the trick (I cant stand the stuff, so it will not be used for anything other than hypo recovery)? Or is anything more effective?

suffolkboi61

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Marzipan ewwwwwwwwww
Along with walking in town during the day, I also walk for up to an hour each evening and always carry a packet of lucozade sweets with me.
They disolve immediately on the tongue and work quite well having had to use them twice now.

bufferz

ill get some of them then - just like to have something with me that i wont particularly want, as if i had chocolate, then it wouldnt last till i got out the door! lol

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
glugo tabs are good, i carry them everywhere ,u can even buy holders that hold a couple to fasten to you if you dont have your hands free,they also do a drink now too :D

RKnott

Do you test during your gym sessions? excercise can push up blood sugar level initially, I have been to the gym with blood sugar of 12.0 and ended up in the 20.0 after an hour of weghts.

bufferz

nah, my BGs are usually between 4.5 and 5.5 before i go the gym, so if it does spike then it wont go too high anyway. I always test before, and also do no more than about 45 mins cardio, and 15mins weights.