I am so upset, lost my cat, thought house was burning down, BS's went sky high, could not bring them

Type of diabetes
Type 2
This past eight days, I have been so upset, so stressed . I lost my beloved cat, thought my house was falling down. My partner was having panic attacks. My bloods went so high and even with a lot of exercise I was not able to reduce them much. I stopped testing and writing everything down. Basically I gave up.However I still tried to keep as close to the low carb diet as possible. A few times I tested and seemed to have really high results in the morning even though I was eating all the recommended foods, I am now wary of peanut butter on oatcakes, tomatoes, strawberries, and goats cheese. What ever I seem to do can't get morning blood sugars stable . i am beginning to think I am the only one ! I am currently doing 40 mins to 70 mins of exercise every day.

HbA1C
6/7/2017 93
Cholesterol. 6.2
Triglyceride1.6

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Oh my goodness, all of that happening in one week!! You poor thing - big *hug* coming your way.

Yes, stress (and pain) definitely affects BG a lot and there's very little you can do about it.

Peanut butter is usually okay as are tomatoes, a few strawberries and goats cheese - not sure about the oatcakes - I think the oat content would affect my BG.

Do keep testing and writing it all down as you might be able to spot a pattern in what's raising it (apart from the stress, that is).

Your high results in the morning might be Dawn Phenomenon - which is something many of us suffer with and its perfectly normal (if irritating). DP is our liver giving us an early morning helping hand to start the day by dumping glucose in to our blood for immediate energy and I've noticed my DP is higher when I'm stressed or in pain.

Reactions: Prem51 and ziggy_w

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
That is a lot in one week. So sorry about your cat. I know that losing a pet is really hard. And there is no doubt it will make your blood sugar go mad.

I dont eat oat cakes any more, mainly cos I find it hard to stop at 2, but I think they would send my bsl high as well.

I agree with the DP advice from chook.

Reactions: Prem51