I can tolerate white sugar but not fructose,fat,protein!

eleos

My fasting numbers after 10 hours are usually 95-100 mg/dl. Although my numbers are not that bad i am feeling like ****, can't digest a thing and i think my nerves in stomach and eyes are affected. Usually i am able to improve my condition when i fast and lose kilos and when i eat foods easy to digest.

I can tolerate white sugar and things like mars chocolate because they are easy to digest. For example 300g(around 300 calories) of chicken breast would cause havoc in my system but i can tolerate just fine a chocolate bar(300 calories). Anything high in protein , high in fat makes me sick. But i can't also tolerate honey and fruits because they contain fructose.

Anyone else here feels the same?

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @eleos All sounding a bit mixed up.
Can you tell us if you've been diagnosed and if so, what you were told at the time.
Not being able to deal with protein or fat does not leave an awful lot else about from carbs.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My fasting numbers after 10 hours are usually 95-100 mg/dl. Although my numbers are not that bad i am feeling like ****, can't digest a thing and i think my nerves in stomach and eyes are affected. Usually i am able to improve my condition when i fast and lose kilos and when i eat foods easy to digest.

I can tolerate white sugar and things like mars chocolate because they are easy to digest. For example 300g(around 300 calories) of chicken breast would cause havoc in my system but i can tolerate just fine a chocolate bar(300 calories). Anything high in protein , high in fat makes me sick. But i can't also tolerate honey and fruits because they contain fructose.

You are having a tough time. I think you should see your GP asap. There will be tests you can have, and after diagnosis maybe advice from a dietician.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

You say anything high in fat makes you feel sick but you are ok with chocolate but that has a high fat content. You say that you can't tolerate fructose but you are ok with white sugar which is 50% fructose. Maybe you have just convinced yourself that you have these intolerances. What else do you eat besides chocolate and sugar? What about trying a normal "balanced" diet for a while with meat, fish, dairy, vegetables and salad etc.

D

Deleted Account

I second (or is it third) the comments that you should discuss this with your GP.
It is not clear what you can and cannot tolerate so perhaps it would help to have a formal analysis.

eleos

I can tolerate some fat and some protein. For example i can have 100g of chicken breast and some white bread but not 300g of chicken. Also i can tolerate some fat but not a lot of fat. When i said in my first post than i can't tolerate 300g of chicken i didn't mean that i can't tolerate protein at all. Sorry for my English but it's not my first language.

The same goes for chocolate too. I can eat 50grams of mars but if i eat 150g i will have problems. I just said that i can tolerate better 300 calories from Mars than 300 calories from chicken or red meat.

Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you tried supplementing digestive enzymes with your food?

I recently had a gut upset that left my digestive tract functioning very badly. For quite some time I needed to take digestive enzyme tablets, with food, in order to digest protein. I was OK with fat, which you are not. But we all vary tremendously.

Might be worth trying.

Having said that, I agree with the others that your first action should be to make an appointment with your doctor for a thorough investigation.

Oh, and congratulations on your written English. I can understand you clearly. :)