I done it

mistee71

Dislikes
FOOTBALL. MY husband is a sports fanatic and watches everything. Most i can put up with just not football.
As from yesterday i have got rid of all my 101 pills :clap: and only have to inject twice a day. Once before breakfast then again before tea.

The DSN did mention about later on trying me back on metformin again as well and i forgot to ask her why, does anyone know?
I have turn turn the dial to 8 but what is the measurement called, is it mls and does anyone know if that is a reasonable low dose. Its not until after you find questions to ask but its to late then

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The insulin you are on is a mixed insulin of short and intermediate acting insulins
I have turn turn the dial to 8 but what is the measurement called
This means you are using 8 units of insulin at each injection ie 16u a day..
The dose is a starting dose and I expect that you will keep in contact with your nurse to change it up or down. I believe that this type of insulin regime works best if you keep very regular mealtimes and eat fairly consistent amounts of carbs. ( (but have never used' it, that's from reading)
I found this NHS leaflet with a good diagram to show when the peaks of the insulin are. It also tells you how to adjust it, don't do that yet... learn what to do from your nurse.

http://www.nhslanarkshire.org.uk/Servic ... nsulin.pdf

mistee71

Dislikes
FOOTBALL. MY husband is a sports fanatic and watches everything. Most i can put up with just not football.
Thanks phoenix, helpful as ever x

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Well done mistee hard slog but you got there, the only way is up.

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Pleased for you mistee :wave: