i had my very 1st eye test

roxy44

Hi friends

well it went fine....i went for 9 this morning...in a bit of a state as you know,

the lady called me in...i told her how i felt, and asked if there was a chance i could have it done without the drops.....no she said....she needed to get a good picture,

ok i said did a short eye test..she looked for some less stronger drops but didnt have any :? ...anyway put the drops in...and as expected they stung!!

then went back out for 15 mins

called back in ...sat back down and had my eye photos done, she showed me the pics :)

they looked like brand new eyes to me :lol:

i asked her if they looked ok to her..and she said nothing was jumping out at her, but they will be checked by 2 other people at hospital and will get my results,
came out... didnt find the brightness too bad to be honest..then again the sunglasses was rubbish!!
got home made a cuppa and sat a few hours with my eyes shut, when i woke the brightness was more intense...from the windows,
it is now 4.50 and 1 eyes pupil is larger than the other lol but going down...got an headache but feel so brave :lol:

thanx to all on here for your support i dont think i would have done it otherwise....next time i wont be so uptight about it...its a breeze compared to what i imagnined lol

thanx again xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hiya, wooooo! congratulations roxy , few of us been thinking of you n wondering how you had got on today! ? See it wasnt as bad as you thought it would be eh? No sunshine out here today! In few hours you will be back to normal with your vision n focus. N back on here for a natter later! Anna.x

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Well done Roxy - you were very brave :) Not too bad though was it? You won't worry so much about it next time you need to have one. I hope the final results are good.

RussG

Well done - you were clearly very worried and it's hard to say 'don't worry' without sounding patronising I think. Things are rarely as bad as you think they are going to be. Good luck for the result.

roxy44

thank you everyone,

nervous was an understatment :lol:

i was a little upset that i didnt get a sticker to say i was brave :wink:

its the not knowing that made me scared...and although its not the best was to spend 30 mins, i wont be as bothered next time,

my husband took me from his 12 hour night shift to make sure i went through with it :lol:

as if i wasnt?!!! lol

my pupils are still on the large size...1 more than the other lol

now i wait for the results which i'm sure will be fine xxx

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
Ah so you posted here! I looked at the ask a question thread you started! Glad all's ok

pheobe

Well done Roxy , glad it was not as bad as you thought.
There are so many tests to have done since diagnosis but I am sure the first of every one must be the worst.

roxy44

thats so true phoebe, you just about catch your breath for 1 lot of tests then theres some more to have, i guess we are lucky though , being looked.

Gappy i thought i would keep you on your toes :lol:

thanx everyone xx

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
Glad to hear it went okay, well done.

You'll have to make your own sticker - NHS cuts !

Gratope

Dislikes
Snobs, PC brigade ( Stupid rules and regs )
:wink: Got to put my two penneth in, well done roxy, I know what to look forward too now. Been awaiting the call from the hospital, my neighbours taking me as I won't be able to drive. Anyway, great job. Well done. Hubby sounds great ! :p

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi all, angie please can I have a badge from you [like roxy ] on july 6th after I have been to see the team leader up at the diabetic clinic to hopefully make some progress to be better supported by a new diabetic nurse and NOT be preached at or bulldozed n bullied into doing what they want me to do without my own choice , opinion that counts n matters , n respect too. Anna.x :D

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
That's the best I can get done for now!

Attachments

• eye1.jpg
    eye1.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 2,327

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hiya , wow thats lovely am thrilled with it ! will keep it in my mind and head when I go on the 6th july, plus it is my doggys birthday that day also. Many thanks it has cheered me up. Anna.x :D

roxy44

love it gappy lol

anna its really nothing!! i think the worst bit is the drops they sting a little, but not for long...xxx

Gappy

Dislikes
Here is my most recent attempt

I like it anyway! Good luck on 6th Anna

Attachments

• drop.jpg
    drop.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 1,403

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hiya, BRILLIANT gappy, do you have any with going into battle n standing my ground with a DSN with attitude! on the 6th july. Am putting my tin hat on before going... :lol: Anna.x

huggybear

well done Roxy,
got too have my eyes tested soon, new diagnoses for me, waiting for appointment too come in the post. its not as bad as you say, more anxiety than pain. wish me luck :shock: