1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

i have decided to stop eating at all

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by m_cooper, Mar 2, 2014.

1. m_cooper

m_cooper Type 2 · Well-Known Member

this seems to be the only way to lessen the neuropathy,all i want to do now is die really

2. dawnmc

dawnmc Type 2 · Well-Known Member

You having a bad day? Just remember tomorrow is a new start.

3. m_cooper

48 hours now and im ok with it,asked the hospital to amputate my legs but they wouldn't do it

4. carraway

carraway Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

Hello M Cooper

I dont know anything about you but you can pour out all your feelings and I am sure we can add a bit of advice.

Rather than not eat all- how about something like the Newcastle Diet? Drinks with added vitamins and minerals?

What have you tried so far?

5. totsy

totsy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

please dont suffer alone,
    you need to eat or u will die or just end up in hospital in a worse situation, im sure we can all help

6. m_cooper

i reckon to die would be the best answer

7. carraway

carraway Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

8. m_cooper

i dont need any help,hospital are useless so is gp,veins look like knotts everywhere just a matter of time

9. totsy

totsy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

plz phone someone and get help, you must want help or you wouldnt have plucked up the courage to say it on here,i have been where u are now for other reasons and it does get better, plz phone somebody who can be with you, are you alone?

10. m_cooper

nope,told the wife i aint driving anymore she will have to get a bus or walk,the car can rot in garage,hospital talk a load of old balls think i am some kind of idiot,well they can poke their appointment no point in it anyway

11. Andy12345

Andy12345 Type 2 · Expert

these are your darkess days mate, that means brighter ones will follow, whatever is happening, hang on in there!

• Like Like x 2
  12. m_cooper

oh i gave up a long time ago,cant walk ,arms are useless cant sleep cos of neuropathy.what a life

13. iHs

iHs · Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, no one on a forum can take the neuropathy pain away. What pain killers have you been given? Are you using an anti D? Something a close friend used was to plug a table fan into the electric at the foot of the bed and have it blowing cold air on feet and legs which worked fairly well

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

14. m_cooper

gp given me nothing in 5 yrs

15. connie104

connie104 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Can't you ask to be sent to pain clinic ? I have terrible neuropathy pain in left leg and have been working to get some relief . I have been prescribed oxicodone an opiate pain killer which does help does have side effects of being drowsy and bad constipation . Please ask for help it is out there

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

• Like Like x 2
  16. DiamondAsh

DiamondAsh Type 2 · Well-Known Member

You need to ask your Doc about something for the pain. They are not supposed to leave you in pain, as it means you can't heal.

• Like Like x 2
  17. jack412

jack412 Type 2 · Expert

Doesn't it p*ss you off when you have smiling pretty girls and Dr's around your bed telling you every thing will be alright?
    You have the right to whine, bi*ch and scream (thumbs up) I can only imagine how I would feel in your place, but it wouldn't be pretty

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mud Island Dweller

Mud Island Dweller Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Agree you can not drive
    Agree your dr and hospital if they have done nothing are tossers
    And only you can do anything about it and that shouldnt be the case but you are only a number to them it is your family and friends you are a person to l hope that whatever you do you can get some strong painkiller into yourself.
    Kman on here is in constant pain but they do their best he is on about 14 mixed painkillers a day.
    l will ask him to look at this thread and maybe wendie his lovely mrs or him could send you some advice in private message.

19. Mud Island Dweller

Mud Island Dweller Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I have texted him if his net works he will be onto help you with help and advice :)

20. kman

kman Type 1 · BANNED

Will PM you very shortly, but please dont despair, and read my now closed thread. Terminal and Scared. In the Diabetes Complications Section, please hold in there.

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook