I have lost 2 stone in 10 weeks with the Cambridge weight plan

kathy2014

I have lost 2 stone in 10 weeks with the cambridge weight loss plan. This is not just eating soupsand shakes this is eating proper meals created by cambridge.
My camberidge consultant Mitch Jones has been extremely helpful and supportive. I have been a diabetic all my life with syndrome x variatant diabetes. I went on to insulin when they finally managed to diagonose me 20 yrs ago I have been on 360 units a day and two glizades a day. I had a colestrol of 21 with my trigl. at 44,4. My hb1 is now 61 and my col.3.3 trig.1.3. I have dropped to 55unitsof iso insulin and no tablets a day. I am also on steriods for giant cell arteritis and have still managed to lose weight. I just take the steroids at night and sleep through the hungerpangs. Mitch has been very good sorting out my head with someting call Neuro linguistic Programming. You can find him on face book (mitch Jones the revolution Centre Manor Gardens Burnham on sea somerset) I have another 2 stone to lose ans I am enjoying it.

Reactions: 4 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done, doing it eating real food is good. A new way of eating that you can do for life is the only way to lose and keep it off.
I found LCHF worked for me with my BG and weight. Are you doing low carb or low fat?

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
well done
i wanted to do the cambridge diet but my gp wpuldn,t sign the agreement

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done Kathy. As you are enjoying the diet it will continue to work for you. It doesn't matter what diets we follow as long as they are sustainable, enjoyable, and work without compromising any essential nutrients.

Reactions: 4 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Awesome result! You must be over the moon!

Reactions: 2 people

summer dreamer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Kathy that's fantastic!! Do you mind me asking is it expensive? I live quite close to you and am only recently diagnosed. Really struggling to get any weight off.

Summer x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

kathy2014

It cost about £35 per week I have 1 bar with my breakfast in the morning 1 milk shake with a green salad for lunch and a meal of about 300 to 400 calories in the evening. Mitch will give you a stage book with receipes in which are really easy and quick. Cambridge also has a receipe book for £8.99 which is really useful. I have struggled for 20 years and wished I had found this earlier,as I now have nerve damage in my bladder so this is important to lose the weight so t hat it gets no worse. Maybe there is something you could give up or cut down on to enable you to afford it. Good Luck. Kathy

kathy2014

You could try a different consultant, Mitch asks the cambridge medical team which step you should be on as deibetics with complcations should not do sole source. If your doctor had had this explained fully by your consultant he may see it differently. I am a syndrome x variant deibetic with 60% blockages and a thicken heart vale plus an ejection murmur. My diabetic consultant was really pleased with my resultsand have encouraged me to go on with it.try again and good luck