I haven't seen my BG in single figures in a week now... basal or bolus issue?

sledge121

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sometimes, when things are just not working for a while, in the back of my mind I get this voice saying "bad insulin". I'm sure the quality control is excellent on these things but it doesn't stop me thinking it. I remember binning the vial I was on at time as the doses were not doing anything.

Reactions: porl69

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Sometimes, when things are just not working for a while, in the back of my mind I get this voice saying "bad insulin". I'm sure the quality control is excellent on these things but it doesn't stop me thinking it. I remember binning the vial I was on at time as the doses were not doing anything.

And the other thing to be wary of is overused injection sites. I was in a panic a few months ago because I just couldn't get my morning blood sugar down, and kept increasing my basal. When I went to see my DN she critiqued my injection sites and after changing them I found I needed less basal than I was having before the increase.

Pilgrimmick

Feel your pain, having real problems getting my levels down, recently diagnosed and the insulin seemingly does not want to play.
Dosages agreed with DSN seem to have no effect. Visit with the GP tomorrow, hopefully more advice there.