I may have took my Metformin Twice ??

KurvZ

Hi can anyone give me some advice , I think its possible that I took my morning does of Metformin twice 20 I may have taken 2000mg instead of 100mg within the space of 15 mins between each 1000

I also take 10mg of Byetta , if I have doubled my dose what should I expect to happen if anything at all ??

Thanks in advance Dave

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
I doubt anything will happen (apart from maybe a slight upset tummy).

I'm really bad at rembering to take my tablets, so I often used to take a double dose in the evening to make up for one that I missed in the morning.

I wouldn't worry about it.

(although of course I'm not a medical professional).

KurvZ

Thanks that put my mind at ease earlier .I did a BG test at around 10:00am it was 3.6 but I was feeling ok had a rich tea biscuit :) .. I dont usually test around that time so guess 3.6 could be normal as I eat every day at 10:30 ..
cheers Dave

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
I'm lucky I only need to take 1 tablet a day so as soon as I open a new pack I write m, tu, w etc for each day of the week on the back of where I push the pill through so I know if i've taken mine or not

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gappy said:
I'm lucky I only need to take 1 tablet a day so as soon as I open a new pack I write m, tu, w etc for each day of the week on the back of where I push the pill through so I know if i've taken mine or not

Dontcha just hate organized people?

Mine were always spread halfway round the house, loads of half opened packets. I'd be just ready to go for a repeat prescription, when I'd find an unopened box.

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
borofergie said:

Not as much as I hate Americanised spellings on a UK board! But that's another story.

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gappy said:
Not as much as I hate Americanised spellings on a UK board! But that's another story.

Grrrrr! Guilty as charged.

I work for an American company and we have to use American spellings in our communications. I'm slightly embarassed to discover that I've been doing it so long that I thought that you did spell it with a "z".

Please find it your heartz to forgive me.

Terminator 2

In contrast I missed two of my three Metformin tablets today, getting to be a common occurrence, I'll ask for memory tablets at my next clinic visit, that should sort it.

Fencer

Dislikes
Tomatoes. Mayo.
Gappy said:

Where I would like to be.

borofergie said:
Gappy said:

Mine were always spread halfway round the house, loads of half opened packets. I'd be just ready to go for a repeat prescription, when I'd find an unopened box.

Where I am!

lol... I have an open pack in my parents' house, one in my work desk, one in my car, one in my kitchen and one in my bedroom.

KurvZ

Looks like I maybe never took double I've felt fine since , my memory is really bad these days, had my 1st ever flu jab today.
Thanks again