I met a young Brit riding a bicycle around the world

I met Tom in Vietnam in the middle of his bicycle trip around the world, and he told me all about how he deals with the physical and emotional challenges of such a trip with Type-I Diabetes. He was so inspiring that I made a video of his story. I can't post the link here, understandably, because I just joined this group, and I don't want to abuse it. I think the video can be found if you Google: tom blower on this planet earth youtube. And there should be a link in my profile. (Please let me know if this post is inappropriate and how I can correct that. Thank you! Mark

Reactions: nirishdaisy

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Very impressed by Tom, especially his honesty. I really like the way that he doesn’t boast hen he talks of his travels and the discoveries he’s made along the way. I also really like that he reveals that his discoveries about himself and his journey are more important than the fact that he has T1.

Reactions: Mark Gilchrist
Very impressed by Tom, especially his honesty. I really like the way that he doesn’t boast hen he talks of his travels and the discoveries he’s made along the way. I also really like that he reveals that his discoveries about himself and his journey are more important than the fact that he has T1.
ABSOLUTELY, which is why I was so inspired to share his story!