I miss bread!

valattrevear

Dislikes
Vegetables!
My favourite at the moment is Farinata, a sort of pizza basey crepe made with gram [chickpea] flour.Just mix the flour [2-3 cups] with water[3/4 cup], and leave to rest for at least 4 hours[overnight is better],scrape off the foam which will have formed on the top, and add 4 tablespoons of good olive oil. Season as liked, I use rosemary and black pepper which is traditional, pour into a well oiled small pizza dish[If you cover the base with baking paper you make life easier for your self!] place in an oven preheated to 400f and cook until the edges turn golden. This can be served with cheese, meats anything you like really, mine doesn't usually get much further than the out of oven stage! This is comfort food, all olive oil and chin greasing, crisp on the outside, soft inside! :lol: :lol: Being stodgy it's not for everyone, but its quite dense and bready which pleases me! :oops:

jumbleannie1VDJQ

Dislikes
Intolerance, airports, having to plan my meals
Just seen this and gonna give it a try. God but I need something stodgey :oops: , salads just don't make me feel full. How does this work carb wise? anyone ?

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I have an unopened bag of gram flour, so I'll give it a try. Sounds like you could use it for a pizza base too
Hana

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
jumbleannie1VDJQ said:
Just seen this and gonna give it a try. God but I need something stodgey :oops: , salads just don't make me feel full. How does this work carb wise? anyone ?

Gram Flour Nutrition Information.
Typical values per 100g

Energy ..............336kcal
Energy...............1423KJ
Protein...............12.8g
Carbohydrate........60g Per 100g !
(of which sugars)....2.8g
Fat.................... 5.0g
(of which saturates) 0.5g
Fibre .................9.7g
Sodium.............. 0.05g

Edited.
For the benefit of Shygirl.....yes, it is true. I can prove my source. :wink:

Dr. Nic

Have you tried Burgen bread, its made with soya flour and normal wholemeal. Its 10g CHO per slice. All the major supermarkets sell it.

Also Nairns oat biscuits are 4g CHO per biscuit.

I'm not sure which diet you are on, but these might be an option for you.