1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

I need to know if this tikka sauce is ok?

Discussion in 'Food, Nutrition and Recipes' started by Nodemus, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Nodemus

Nodemus · Active Member

Low carb company I had full jar
    It’s 6.5g per 100g the jar is 350g I think

Is this a good sauce to have are there better versions out there?

2. EllieM

EllieM Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I guess your blood sugar results will tell you whether your body could cope with it? Depending on what else you had in the way of carbs at the same time? That's 21g of carbs in the jar.

3. Nodemus

Nodemus · Active Member

Yep is a no my sugars went up from 6.8 to 11.8 mmol

• Hug Hug x 1
  4. Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. EllieM

EllieM Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Sounds like that is almost the same carb count as the low carb company's version (7.2g instead of 6.5g)

Maybe the portion size is an issue here? The manufacturer's website claim that the 350g jar is four portions.... It might work better if @Nodemus didn't use the whole jar? (Though personally I agree that you want lots of sauce, it's the best bit. :))

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mr Doggy

Mr Doggy · Member

Hey, I find stuff from Pataks have a later spike in sugars. It's easier to make your own as the recipe is super simple. You can caramelise the onion (no sugar) and then you've got it down. If you batch a lot (as most of it is yoghurt, tomatoes and fresh onion and garlic) with fresh ground garam marsala, citric (lime or lemon), salt.

Another surprisingly easy Indian side dish or entre dish is microwave cauliflower (in a lekue) and sprinkling tandoori spice (red) on top. Just dribble over some olive oil serve. Optional is microwave and then high grill pan. Super low carb. Here's a more advanced version to stave away those curry pangs: https://www.gohealthyeverafter.com/easy-roasted-tandoori-cauliflower-wings/

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook