I really need some advice

bgowler

hey everyone,
found out this morning that the earliest appointment I can get at my doctor's for tests is thursday afternoon as apparently it's "not an urgent issue" but i'm meant to be travelling to italy at about 6am on friday and will be away for a week with no phone signal!
is there any way I could ask for an earlier appointment as i'm going away??

any help with how to get my doctor to listen would be really helpful =)

Becca

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Contact the surgery and explain the situation and how worried you are about it,see if that will change their minds.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
They should help if you explain how anxious you are.I thought they wre supposed to give you an appointment within 48 hours
Hana

bgowler

problem is our surgery use this stupid automated booking service thing so i can't actually speak to a real person i don't think! (they just shove you on the earliest booking they have at that time)

my sis is going to phone up at like 3am tomorrow when she wakes up to try and get me a better appointment but if not i'll have to go down there and try to talk to someone!

Becca

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Not at 3am :? I hope!
Hana

Sweet3x

had you actually considered going down to the surgery and making the appointment in person?

I'm not sure why you are asking on these forums, though. Surely this is something that you should be able to sort out without asking those who don't know the circumstances, or the situation in your local surgery?