1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

I really need some advice

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by bgowler, Aug 18, 2009.

1. bgowler

bgowler · Member

hey everyone,
    found out this morning that the earliest appointment I can get at my doctor's for tests is thursday afternoon as apparently it's "not an urgent issue" but i'm meant to be travelling to italy at about 6am on friday and will be away for a week with no phone signal!
    is there any way I could ask for an earlier appointment as i'm going away??

any help with how to get my doctor to listen would be really helpful =)

Becca

2. sugarless sue

sugarless sue · Master

Contact the surgery and explain the situation and how worried you are about it,see if that will change their minds.

3. hanadr

hanadr · Expert

They should help if you explain how anxious you are.I thought they wre supposed to give you an appointment within 48 hours
    Hana

4. bgowler

bgowler · Member

problem is our surgery use this stupid automated booking service thing so i can't actually speak to a real person i don't think! (they just shove you on the earliest booking they have at that time)

my sis is going to phone up at like 3am tomorrow when she wakes up to try and get me a better appointment but if not i'll have to go down there and try to talk to someone!

Becca

5. hanadr

hanadr · Expert

Not at 3am :? I hope!
    Hana

6. bgowler

bgowler · Member

haha no hopefully not
    she just doesnt sleep very well and it's something for her to do if she's awake!

Becca

7. Sweet3x

Sweet3x · Well-Known Member

had you actually considered going down to the surgery and making the appointment in person?

I'm not sure why you are asking on these forums, though. Surely this is something that you should be able to sort out without asking those who don't know the circumstances, or the situation in your local surgery?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook