I shall take that as a compliment....

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
I was at a gathering last night and a colleague I had not seen for a few months was there. She told me how good I was looking (that has happened a few times recently from various friends and acquaintances) and said that I looked like I had lost weight. My reply was, yes, I have lost around a stone (may be a stone and a half). All down to LCHF. Her reply was, "oh no, you look like you have lost much more, I'd say about 5 stone"

My immediate thought was, did I look that fat before? Was I that fat? I did not know whether to be insulted or complimented! Had a good laugh about it later and decided that I shall take it as a compliment.

It did remind me of a time when I was out for a drink with a friend and a wee old man in the pub starting chatting to us. He turned to my friend and said, "you look just like Jimmy Smith's wife (yes, she was that person), but you are prettier, age has taken its toll on her face".

Reactions: 7 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I was at a gathering last night and a colleague I had not seen for a few months was there. She told me how good I was looking (that has happened a few times recently from various friends and acquaintances) and said that I looked like I had lost weight. My reply was, yes, I have lost around a stone (may be a stone and a half). All down to LCHF. Her reply was, "oh no, you look like you have lost much more, I'd say about 5 stone"

My immediate thought was, did I look that fat before? Was I that fat? I did not know whether to be insulted or complimented! Had a good laugh about it later and decided that I shall take it as a compliment.

It did remind me of a time when I was out for a drink with a friend and a wee old man in the pub starting chatting to us. He turned to my friend and said, "you look just like Jimmy Smith's wife (yes, she was that person), but you are prettier, age has taken its toll on her face".

Take it as a compliment. When we are overweight we pretend that we are "not all that overweight" and when we lose weight we seem to notice just how many around us are "overweight". Of course the great equaliser is stepping onto the bathroom scales, even taking a quick look in the mirror.
Also dont forget that the average Joe is not very good at quantifying body weight loss.

Reactions: 8 people

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have lost just over 1 and 1/2 stone since going LCHF but as I was not overweight before no one actually noticed that I had lost weight (apart from me and my jeans).

Reactions: 6 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
People are beginning to notice that I've lost weight particularly those that I haven't seen for a while!

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
People are beginning to notice that I've lost weight particularly those that I haven't seen for a while!

That is good, if you needed to lose weight! I could have done with losing a few pounds for what I considered my ideal weight but always kept within half a stone of what I wanted to be. I am now thinner than I would ideally like to be but once I have done the ND I will try to put on some weight to get back up to near 8 stone.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Regarding weight, apparently Hattie Jacques, the actress in the Carry On films, lost 4 stones in weight and no one in the films noticed or mentioned it, it did not make her feel good :(

Reactions: 4 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I dish out compliments all the time as I'm a bit of a flirt lol, so vivacious I am. Sometimes people just cant handle them and I would take any as a positive, hey good looking ! Lol ha ha:p;)

Reactions: 4 people