I Think I Need To Change My Basal Insulin .. Is Ther A Better One Than Lantus Glargine??

Cookiekeri

Throughout the day my bms r fine reaching my goals of between 5-10.. yet when it comes to my night time injection I usually take this when my bms r 8-12 I wake in the morning to rather high bms .. I’ve tried not eating after certain hours .. I’ve tried increasing my lantus glargine units .. I’ve avoided certain foods I’ve literally done everything !!! I am currently using the freestyle libra and am noticing on my bm graphs that my bms r rising at that time of night then balance out of a day !! Some one please help with advice x

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have no experience with it, but maybe Levemir might be a better option for you. It works shorter than Lantus, so many people split it in an morning and evening dose. That way you could have a bit more active insulin at night and a bit less during the day.

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Same problem but for me I solved it once by injecting 1 unit of Lantus at 12 pm. It would peak at around 5 o'clock very slightly and cover the night. Note that I take my Lantus at around 11 or 12 pm