I think I took my Lantus twice...

jessie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all!

Pretty sure I took my 6pm Lantus twice last night as I had 3 hypos during the night and am having to snack pretty much constantly today to keep my sugars up. Which is ok as I feel starving! I'm now about to have a roast dinner - any ideas how I should adjust my Novorapid?

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi Jessie
partly depends on what time last night you doubled the lantus -- the later in the evening the less bolus i would add

you could try 1/2 your normal bolus and then test at 1 ,2 , 3 hours and if you go a bit high throw in a small correction bolus.

that is what I would do if it were me.

Reactions: 3 people

jessie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you ️ I took your advice and will keep checking / adjusting. Much appreciated!

Reactions: 4 people

marktype1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bad blood sugars, not being able to eat chocolate fudge cake.
Always best to keep checking sugars hourly if you think youve doubled up on Lantus as it can be pretty risky although not a MASSIVE danger. I have done this before and have monitored sugars instead of taking bolus and adding a little bolus if sugars go high. Quite a scary thing first time you do it because you dont know what to expect.

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd half my NovoRapid but like others said probably best to keep regularly testing. By the way, I'd recommend the Timesulin cap for lantus pens to avoid this happening again.

jessie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks guys, will google the Timesulin thing - would come in handy for me as I often forget if I've injected or not! Sugars seem pretty normal again this morning

Reactions: 3 people