I think iam in type 1

estart

hi ya
i am nazeer 24 year old married male frm sri lanka.i have recovered 1 year before tht i have blood suger.but no 1 in my family dnt have blood suger.and whn i consult da doctor he said ths's ur early stage an it can be cured.and he gave me medicine(metfomin,dianil)each tablet daily mor,nite.but nw my problem is i am scared to take ths medis.coz my doctor said as long as u prevent da medi and controled the blood suger via diet.so i stoped ths medis.can any 1 give me an idea abt my prob please...

lilibet

Hi Nazeer

Diabetes is when your body cant tolerate and regulate sugar in your blood so after you eat it will rise uncontrollably. This can cause long term damage but in the short term can make you feel quite unwell (thirsty, going to toilet a lot)

Type 1 is when the insulin making cells is destroyed by your own immune system response and makes you usually quite ill before diagnosis. In all cases Type 1 will have to inject insulin to control their sugar/stay alive.

Type 2 is when your body still makes insulin but you cant get it to where it needs to go, when it needs to go (insulin resistant). In some cases this can be controlled by diet and exercise or in you case you have been given medication. If you adjust your diet and control your Carbohydrate intake well you may be able to come of the tablets. Carbohydrates to consider are things like pasta, breads, cakes, biscuits, chapatis, rice and of course sugar, and sugary things like sweets, Coke etc.

It would be helpful to know some more stuff to help you,. What you eat? Do you have a meter to test your sugar levels, what tests have you had to determine diabetes. Though not unheard of, its not usual for 24 year olds to be type 2. Do you have a family history of diabetes

Hope this helps a bit. Dont want to overwhelm you! :)

estart

tnx for ur reply

yes i have family diabatic history.can u tell me wht kind of food i have to follow?but i dnt have a diabatic meter.soon i will buy.can u please help me with da food program?