I wanted to share short comic with you, sorry if it makes you cry.

Sethlb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The ignorant
A friend showed me this comic around 2 years ago, when I first got my diabetes.
It is based on a series called My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic and its a about a character called Pinkie Pie I think.
The reason I am shearing this, is because at the time it did make me cry; but it also really help me feel better as well.
I mean, well after viewing it the frist time and getting a bit upset. I showed it to my mother and family. It also upset them a bit as well.
But they were more sympathetic than anything else and well I feel that it really gave me the support that I needed.
And there is something about this character going though the same thing I did, which made me feel as if I wasn't the only one out their.
I am sorry again in advance if it makes you cry, but try to take it in stride. But it really shows what we have to go though and may help others understand that. ( I mean if your with it for life, you might as well get accustom to it. well that's how I feel about it at least)
https://derpicdn.net/img/2012/6/20/12041/full.jpg

This is also part of the comic, not going to lie it still makes me cry. it really portrays the emotions of somone that has to inject and how maybe experiencing Burnout
https://derpicdn.net/img/2013/9/15/428600/full.png

Reactions: 4 people

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Very good comic for kids, and older folk, for understanding the experience of diabetes. I see what you mean.

Do you like inspirational stories? (I really like inspirational stories.) Dr Bernstein, and his great book

http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Bernsteins-Diabetes-Solution-Achieving/dp/0316182699

is a classic.

And this amazing woman from my home country, the world's oldest surviving T1 diabetic, is pretty fan-tootin-tastic on the subject.

http://www.3news.co.nz/nznews/longe...erer-tells-her-story-2012120920#axzz3rWvpdtvd

And in this article about her, and a child, with T1 -

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/10668806/Tackling-challenge-of-diabetes

Forgive me if I am clumsily clumping around in this subject, but I was moved by your words. And immediately thought of the wonderful Dr Bernstein, and Winsome Johnston, and wanted to share them with you, just in case you hadn't come across them before.

Reactions: 2 people

Sethlb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The ignorant
Forgive me if I am clumsily clumping around in this subject, but I was moved by your words. And immediately thought of the wonderful Dr Bernstein, and Winsome Johnston, and wanted to share them with you, just in case you hadn't come across them before.
Thank you very much for sharing, I am very happy to have met such nice people here on this site.
I will be adding that book to my Christmas list XD

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Thank you very much for sharing, I am very happy to have met such nice people here on this site.
I will be adding that book to my Christmas list XD

I'm very pleased! (And how nice you are!) I don't know what my life as a diabetic would be like without this forum. My loved ones are very supportive, but of course there is a limit to how much they can be focussed on the very many tiny details of my health! lol. It's fantastic to have this site with the whole kit and caboodle and as you say - really nice people - to share information and stories with.

The Dr Bernstein is a classic. He can be a bit hard going, but if you own it you can take it in segments which might be easier on you - there is so much to take in. (Someone else on the forum had the same reaction as me when she read it.) I found his BG targets to be depressingly distant when I first read it, and I just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry. But this is not the case now, a year and a half later. (The same thing with the also very good Jenny Ruhl - on the business of "good control" of that glucose in our blood, and health.)

Best wishes!

Sethlb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The ignorant
I'm very pleased! (And how nice you are!) I don't know what my life as a diabetic would be like without this forum. My loved ones are very supportive, but of course there is a limit to how much they can be focussed on the very many tiny details of my health! lol. It's fantastic to have this site with the whole kit and caboodle and as you say - really nice people - to share information and stories with.

The Dr Bernstein is a classic. He can be a bit hard going, but if you own it you can take it in segments which might be easier on you - there is so much to take in. (Someone else on the forum had the same reaction as me when she read it.) I found his BG targets to be depressingly distant when I first read it, and I just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry. But this is not the case now, a year and a half later. (The same thing with the also very good Jenny Ruhl - on the business of "good control" of that glucose in our blood, and health.)

Best wishes!
Thanks for all the information and personal / emotional support.
I hope you have a wonderful day

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow. It's very pink.. I got burnout from just reading it.

I was brought up around horses as a kid too!
So that's how I got diabetes... Must have caught it off a "nag." o_O

Last edited by a moderator: