I wonder what other members do in their spare time

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuna,People spitting on the floor and ironing.
Sing laugh and smile that's my day full on.

image.jpg

Reactions: 8 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Drawing, scetching and photography especially nature. Long walks into the hills just behind me and there is a cycle path next to me that goes to Loch Lomond or Glasgow. Used to have a border collie and she was my best friend, always by my side. Play chess now and again and am involved in community groups too. Love listening to music, I like a wide variety of artists and genres, reading and like snowy I like to sing whilst do the chores and have a different theme of music to dance to whilst doing the dishes - tomorrow is DISCO night so am gonna boogie on down lol. Well that's enough and as you can see I never get bored lol.

Reactions: 8 people

leeemerick

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Run around after my 4 kids! Otherwise working...

Reactions: 6 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Collect lithos from NASA for all astronauts and missions .... keeps me very busy and have over 2000 of them.

Also love music, cricket memorabilia and my beautiful wife :)

Reactions: 7 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Collect lithos from NASA for all astronauts and missions .... keeps me very busy and have over 2000 of them.

Also love music, cricket memorabilia and my beautiful wife :)
Hi Mike, Just looked up the word Litho on Google......................Prints?? is this right and if so what do you get prints of exactly?

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Hi Mike, Just looked up the word Litho on Google......................Prints?? is this right and if so what do you get prints of exactly?

Hi Adrian,

Yep, they're color prints ( 8 x 10 inches) ... here's a couple of images :)
na.jpg
sts130.jpg

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
WOW, impressive Mike and how much do they cost if you don't mind me asking?

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
WOW, impressive Mike and how much do they cost if you don't mind me asking?

No, of course I don't mind. The lithos NASA send out are free and they take on the shipping costs as well :)

Trouble is, US budget cutbacks mean they no longer stock anything other than upcoming flights so their libraries are very thin. Fortunately, I've been collecting for over 12 years so I got everything I needed dating back to 1961 from them or ebay or sellers I know in the UK or the States.

A lot of them now are worth anything between $5 and many hundreds of dollars. Some are really rare. A signed Neil Armstrong (no dedication) is worth well over $3000

Mike

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Here is what I do for a living. I supply some of the castles in England, Scotland and Wales with authentic looking wooden furniture...........
Stocks, guillotines, hangmans gallows etc and below are some of the garden equivalents that you can hang plant pots on.
PhotoChooser-245000f0-cce7-475b-b133-c47afc91ca7e.jpg
PhotoChooser-4650b41f-7c4b-4cae-8e83-a5b92028ac97.jpg

Reactions: 11 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Hi Adrian,

Yep, they're color prints ( 8 x 10 inches) ... here's a couple of images :)View attachment 9386 View attachment 9387
Yes MikeD I should have added that too in my interests too. I always have been fascinated by the Apollo missions and have read the book A Man on the Moon by A.Chaikin and others. Nice pics as well. Shame no more manned missions since 1972.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Yes MikeD I should have added that too in my interests too. I always have been fascinated by the Apollo missions and have read the book A Man on the Moon by A.Chaikin and others. Nice pics as well. Shame no more manned missions since 1972.

Yep, too true mate :)

The death of exploration much to my annoyance. The Chaikin book (and get the hardback if you can as it is a complete pictorial history across 3 volumes) is brilliant when mankind once challenged itself.

Not much I don't know about Apollo and the entire history .. Russian included :) Keep the dream alive ..... when we once dared what we are now scared to do. :(

Cheers Mike

Reactions: 2 people

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Apart from laughing ect,I make dolls,also sculpt and have just made a fairy garden.

image.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@adrian207 you are talented the hangman noose would frighten me,like the mini versions they are nice.
@Dibbles1 wow all those tiny beads must take you ages to do.Lovely jewellery.

Reactions: 5 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@adrian207 you are talented the hangman noose would frighten me,like the mini versions they are nice.

Aww don't let the Hangmans Noose frighten you Snowy, you need to get a feel of it around your neck to appreciate it more and come to learn to love it.evil smiley.jpg
perfect.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Aww don't let the Hangmans Noose frighten you Snowy, you need to get a feel of it around your neck to appreciate it more and come to learn to love it.:happy:

I think I will take your word for it,surely you have not put that around your neck?
image.jpg