I wrote a song.. opinions?

Jelaca

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey everyone :)

I haven't written a song in a long time, but just recently I felt really inspired to do so..

I know it isn't quite finished and it isn't the best of videos.. but please can you tell me what you think about my song? It would mean a lot to me :)

Thank you so much
Jelaca

Reactions: 9 people

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Wow ! You are a very talented lady ! loved it ! Is this your profession ?

Jelaca

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow ! You are a very talented lady ! loved it ! Is this your profession ?

Thank you so much everyone, I really appreciate it! It isn't my profession, I used to sing at gigs, but I lost a lot of my passion for it (I guess when I auditioned for The X Factor :p) and only now has it come back :D

Dzialo

Wow!!! Amazing!!! What year were you on x factor I think I remember you from 2 years ago??

Jelaca

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow!!! Amazing!!! What year were you on x factor I think I remember you from 2 years ago??

I was on two years ago! Maybe we were in the que together :p
Thanks again everyone, you are all so kind!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Sounds great Jelaca, told you before that you have a good voice :)

When I played guitar (badly I might add) I couldn't tune by ear, I used a Korg Guitar Tuner which were always reliable and not too badly priced.

Jelaca

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you go auditioning I'll create a "Team Jelaca" ;):p

Haha thank you :p There were auditions close to my town yesterday, but I didn't audition! So I will just have to keep doing my videos!

Sounds great Jelaca, told you before that you have a good voice :)

When I played guitar (badly I might add) I couldn't tune by ear, I used a Korg Guitar Tuner which were always reliable and not too badly priced.

Thank you for this! I will have a look into it and that might help me for my next video! I am very grateful :)

Reactions: 2 people

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Jelaca,
My daughter was sitting not to far from me as I listened to your song, within 4 seconds she said "thats nice"

So you have 2 votes from me, great voice and a lovely talent :singing: :):)

Jelaca

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Jelaca,
My daughter was sitting not to far from me as I listened to your song, within 4 seconds she said "thats nice"

So you have 2 votes from me, great voice and a lovely talent :singing: :):)
Thank you!! I am so glad and grateful that you both liked it :D means a lot!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nice..

I'd say work on a "middle eight" & double chorus at the end..?

Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great song and great voice! I really enjoyed it.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Very nice!
Music is my big thing ... always has been.
I'm an old hippy and have spent very little time watching telly over the years but a lot of time listening to music at home and at concerts.
I play a little bit.
I sing a little too but the best compliment I ever got was ... you sound like a Dalek!
I've messed about with some experimental stuff and got into the engineering side of it as a hobby at home in the shed.
Play a short guitar piece and then edit it on pc and loop it distort it add sound effects etc.
Bash a pan with a pencil or a mallet ... use a book as a drum ... play a little keyboard stuff and drums and mess with it till it sounds huge and far more complicated than it ever really was.
Thought I might get round to creating short pieces for adverts news bulletins and stuff but never finished a piece.
Please feel free to shout at me if you think I'm hijacking your lovely thread ... not my intention ... might be quite a few on here who bash out a tune now and then is all I was thinking.
Heres some of my stuff from about eight years ago ... warning ... most of it just aint normal!!!
First track is a mate of mine singing a song he wrote.
http://www.reverbnation.com/jackbisreallyjoey/songs

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Hey everyone :)

I haven't written a song in a long time, but just recently I felt really inspired to do so..

I know it isn't quite finished and it isn't the best of videos.. but please can you tell me what you think about my song? It would mean a lot to me :)

Thank you so much
Jelaca
I'm Ronnie S on your tube ...keep 'em coming.