iBG star Test Strips

Johnson-test

I have been looking at the new Blood Glucose tester by iBG Star, it looks and sounds great as I'm a iPhone owner, is there anybody who owns the tester and can they get the test strips ok through their Chemist on the NHS

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I got one last week but have only just put in a request for a prescription for strips. Hoping to collect that from my GP on Wednesday and then see if the chemist can get hold of any.

serendipity

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles!
Liver
Yes I have the BS Star moniter, strips and Lancets.
No problem getting them on prescription through the chemist (my scripts are free)

iHs

I think its Agamatrix. Agamatrix bg teststrips are meant to be one of the most accurate. Wavesense also uses them.

serendipity

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles!
Liver
leggott said:
Could you please tell me which make of test strip it takes - thanks.

Mine are in a tube and say BG STAR

drewster83

serendipity said:
leggott said:
Could you please tell me which make of test strip it takes - thanks.

Mine are in a tube and say BG STAR

Hi serendipity,

Do you have your prescription around? What does it say on the prescription for the test strips and lancets? I've recently bought the iBGstar so need to add this to my prescription.

Thanks

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I picked up a script today - it just said BG Star test strips

serendipity

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles!
Liver
robert72 said:
I picked up a script today - it just said BG Star test strips

Same here with both Strips and Lancets

GTT

Hello

My GP refuses to provide me with iBG STAR Test Strips & insists I use the Wavesense Jazz. Does anyone have suggestions as to how I might challenge this, please?

George

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The iBGStar strips are made by AgaMatrix (who make the Wavesense Jazz strips) but rebranded as BGStar.

Have you tried the Jazz strips with your meter?

Loey1953

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I just noticed this thread about the IBG Star. I have the App and just manually enter my details etc. does the actual device for purchase do anything extra? Just wanted to know before purchasing one.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You can either use the device as a standalone unit and it syncs data to the app when plugged in, or you can plug the device in and use the app as a visual controller for the meter, in which case the data goes in in real time. Either way, it saves you having to input the data manually ;)

Loey1953

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
robert72 said:
You can either use the device as a standalone unit and it syncs data to the app when plugged in, or you can plug the device in and use the app as a visual controller for the meter, in which case the data goes in in real time. Either way, it saves you having to input the data manually ;)

Thank you Paul.

Loey

Loey1953

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
robert72 said:

Oops, re previous reply, Thank you Robert.

Loey

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
GTT - that's good to know.

The BGStar strips have a little notch cut out top right but I couldn't see that on the images I googled for the Jazz strips. Not sure what you can do to get your doctor to prescribe them for you - they must be on an approved list somewhere unless it goes by PCT.

Loey - No probs ;)

insulinwalter

I heard that Wavesense are also getting an app. I think they are actually Agamtrix in the UK and the technology is licenced to iBGstar. I'd say stick with the jazz as its essentially the same meter.