ibsulin is working !!

ben1972x

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have only took my insuline for 4 days and my blood sugars are 6. Down alot.could do this with diet or training or lifestyle.
The numbness in mt left foot has gotten better as I can feel my sock.
Was so afraid to take it as I had herd so many bad stories but I had tried everything and nothing worked. To keep my body in tacked and keep living my life I had to do it. It looks like I am going to get my life back but it is early days.

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
but youre taking Insulin? Surely thats type 1
I too started off on pills which made me feel really ill. went on to insulin and been type 1 ever since
Like you, I workout alot and am on a low carb diet to minimise my insulin doses

ben1972x

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
but youre taking Insulin? Surely thats type 1
I too started off on pills which made me feel really ill. went on to insulin and been type 1 ever since
Like you, I workout alot and am on a low carb diet to minimise my insulin doses

Some type 2 diabetics end up going on insulin after being diagnosed for 5-10 years. Its nothing new. I tried pills made me I'll.training and low carb diet didn't do anything.the doctors were at a loss so they tried insulin. I have refused to take it for the past 12 months but had to take it as I was lossing feeling in my left foot.

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
awesome. as a type 1, i battle to put good weight on. as a diabetic.... you got any good tips to put on muscle?

ben1972x

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
awesome. as a type 1, i battle to put good weight on. as a diabetic.... you got any good tips to put on muscle?

Its hard.years of training.eating enough cals to put muscle on but not to disturb you insuline levels.every one is different. I do drop sets.suppersets. sets to failure. Dont do to much cardio as it kills muscle. Watch your testosterone levels.

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
well done. maybe im doing too much cardio.
how do you boost testosterone levels? decca, sust?

ben1972x

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
well done. maybe im doing too much cardio.
how do you boost testosterone levels? decca, sust?

1. I have hormone injections- just testosterone. Deca is for bulking. Holds to much water for me.dont use sust either. Cut cardio right down.my workouts are fast and furious no need for cardio. Unless dieting for a show.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm glad the insulin is working for you, you will be feeling much better with normal bloods

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
where do i get the testosterone injections...lol? Do I need to have a testosterone level blood test first?

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
HI. It's always possible you are a Late onset T1 and not T2 as you are fairly young and not much fat (just muscle). Did the GP ever do GAD and c-peptide tests for T1? The mis-diagnosis is quite common as many GPs are not really aware that T1 can come on during life. If you are in fact a LADA (like me) then the move to insulin is inevitable as and when tablets fail but the great news is that it works!