IDS to live on £53 PW petition.

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I think it's a great idea but I don't think a week is long enough to really understand what it's like. I think all these politicians that deal with benefits should all be made to try and live on that amount of money for a few months. They have no idea nor do they even care!

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
I'd love to see him try... What a plank!

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
catherinecherub said:
There won't be much left after he has eaten his first breakfast and there will be nothing he can try and claim back as expenses.
http://blacktrianglecampaign.org/2013/0 ... -the-week/

Quote from above link:

Iain Duncan Smith’s claim he could live on £53 a week fell apart last night after evidence emerged of a £39 breakfast he tried to put on expenses.

These MP's really do not have a clue how the majority of their constituents live let alone those on benefits :thumbdown:

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hobs said:
https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/iain-duncan-smith-iain-duncan-smith-to-live-on-53-a-week?utm_source=action_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=21762&alert_id=nzrRQVNozc_HCdxesyWAS

Add your name and await for an interesting outcome :thumbup: :clap:

I saw this and signed it on the day it was posted I think mine was something like the 160,500th signature not bad for half way through its first day of being posted :clap:

ps. Only 63,000 more signatures needed for some real embarrassment in the House of Commons :lol: :lol:

pps. If only half a million people would sign the test strips petitions :(

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
pps. If only half a million people would sign the test strips petitions

Clearly the above isn't as important as showing up a twit of a MP :roll: I have signed the petition and I would still like to see it happen:thumbup:

Does anyone else remember the channel 4 programme when some MP's stayed with members of the public in their own homes for a week,on very little money, very interesting it was too? I heard on the news today a MP was found parked in a disabled parking space, going for a Macdonalds, hypocritical baffoon, but for the life of me I cannot remember his name :x

RRB

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Robinredbreast said:

Clearly the above isn't as important as showing up a twit of a MP :roll: I have signed the petition and I would still like to see it happen:thumbup:

Does anyone else remember the channel 4 programme when some MP's stayed with members of the public in their own homes for a week,on very little money, very interesting it was too? I heard on the news today a MP was found parked in a disabled parking space, going for a Macdonalds, hypocritical baffoon, but for the life of me I cannot remember his name :x

RRB
That would be our ridiculous chancellor, George Osborne. Not only was he caught in a disabled parking space, but a while ago he was also caught making himself quite comfortable in the first class carriage of a train when he only bought a standard ticket. He's also the same prat that is so widely disliked that he was booed when he entered the olympic stadium at the London 2012 Olympic Games:

[youtube]qqM0Ube0oLs[/youtube]
[youtube]cBpW7flejNw[/youtube]

So many words I could use to describe him, none of which are polite.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Giverny said:
Robinredbreast said:

RRB
That would be our ridiculous chancellor, George Osborne. Not only was he caught in a disabled parking space, but a while ago he was also caught making himself quite comfortable in the first class carriage of a train when he only bought a standard ticket. He's also the same prat that is so widely disliked that he was booed when he entered the olympic stadium at the London 2012 Olympic Games:

[youtube]qqM0Ube0oLs[/youtube]
[youtube]cBpW7flejNw[/youtube]

So many words I could use to describe him, none of which are polite.

Aahhh thank you Giverny, he's so important <NOT> that I couldn't even remember the pilocks name :lol:

Heck with poilteness Giverny ,go for it, you could use numerous stars and exclamation marks :wink: to fill in the gaps :lol:

RRB

What about starting a thread with Name the pilock MP( someone famous etc of the week, with some choice, but not to explictive,words :thumbup:
RRB

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
The sad thing is that George Osborne is an incredibly important figure in politics. He's essentially the second in command in this country which fills me with dread if the Tories get voted in again when it comes to the next election! Vince Cable should have been chosen for the role that George Osborne is currently in - he predicted the recession years before it happened and had an action plan for minimal financial disruption, whereas our honorable Mr. Osborne sat by and said nothing would happen. Pillock is not even the word!! :lol:

I'm sure a Name the Pillock MP thread would have thousands of posts within the hour :lol:

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Signed via twitter a few nights ago. I'd laugh at the idiot if it didn't annoy me so much - what an inhumane bunch these are. Chancellor showed his true colours again yesterday with some flippant remark purely meant as a vote winner, but regarding a very tragic incident. Think he's underestimating the disgust that's out there amongst a lot of the public at the moment.