Im a newbie ?testing with meter!!

neil1945

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was diagnosed last week type 2 and signed up for a BS meter (from here) to try and understand every thing better.

getting enough blood for the meter was ok in the day then tonight for my before bed reading could not get enough for the test strip to take up.

I was using my thigh (only have one leg so dont want to use stump) oh and loss of leg was not diabetes it was ******** up knee operation!!

I have lace set on longest i is it me not enough blood or thigh wrong place or will I learn in time/

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
It's best to test using your fingertip. Not on the flat part of the fingertip, but on the side.

Warm hands will let the blood flow better so if you hands are cold, run them under warm water for a while, and once you have pricked your finger, squeeze the finger a little if there is not enough blood.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Also, set your lancet to the lowest setting, as it will hurt less.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Definately test on your fingers as stated above, it is much easier.