I'm just plain scared!!

saffireblue

I've been diaganosed as a type 2 diabetic since 2000, and you would think that I could hande anything that they throw at me. My BP's are well under control. My blood pressure is so low that they cut my meds in half. Feet., circulation, weight, and cholesterol all good. But lately I've developed a serious problem that I wonder if anyone else has come up with. OH, I neither smoke or drink, which saves me a lot of money!!
Ok, friends...here it is: I have developed itsy bitsy blood clots floating around in the old heart. I mean quite few of them...Dracula would be impressed. MY lady DR is someone I trust very highly, she's a skilled surgeon, a very honest person, and her first form or therapy is liquid aspirin, which I think is a good idea beings the clots are so small. She's said that it sounds to her like I have already had a small stroke, leaving me staggering around the house, but dangerous and having to find new methods to regular chores. I just fall down for no reaon. My Husband thought I was mad at him yesterday when I dumped a hot cup of coffee in his lap, then fell with mine and cracked the mug on my head!! this happens all the time. My Father died of this whatever it is, at a much older age, but i'm still scared stiif. Any body out there had this happen, or could just maybe send me a hug....I'm a Yankee and we love to hug everybody... so if you're younger, it would be like hugging your old Granny...thank you ahead of time....

sorry about the bad spelling, but my fingers won't go where they're supposed to!

Thanks for listening, too... 8)

Saffire Blue
W
Edited by tubolard to remove some of the empty lines at the end of the post :)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I was talking to another health walker this morning who has tiny blood clots in his heart,following a surgery. He has aspirin to help with this.
Are you still taking the aspirin?
this sounds as if you are getting very scared and no wonder!

I have survived a major stroke and I was lucky.

Trinkwasser

IMO this is the sort of condition where you can never have too many second opinions, someone might think of something the others haven't.

Musicmaker

Hi Guys!

I am Saphire Blues 'Hubby' (I am English, she is American).

Sadly, due to the conditions she describes in her opening post, she was admitted to Hospital a week ago. In spite of her confidence in her GP, they had got it all wrong!!! She has complained for many months that she couldn't swallow, and was not eating properly. The Dr said, lets get your diabetes under control, then we will look at your throat problems. Sadly, it should have logically been the other way round ....If you can't eat, you can't control your diabetes!!!

A week ago (for the third time!) - I had to rush her into A&E with food stuck in her gullet - they admitted her this time on my insistence, and to cut it short, found that the tube from her throat to her stomach had several restrictions. For a long time, she had 'picked' at food and not eaten properly, and of course this caused a loss of weight (about 45lbs in the last 2 months). I have later discovered from her family in US, that this condition is heriditary, her father had the same problem, as well as her Sisters Son!

She was falling over and damaging herself, had lost co-ordination of her hands (she is a musician, and couldn't play), she couldn't use her computer keyboard, and her lips were covered in sores.

They have already 'opened her pipes' with 'cucumbers' - (she calls the gadgets !), and is very sore, and still not eating, and has lost another 4Kg in the last 7 days in hospital. They have changed her insulin method from 'Novapen' to a much easier to use system which looks rather like a 'kitchen timer', and cut down her dosage by a third.

For those that have sent their Good Wishes, may I thank you, and, as I said she is a musician, here is her page on the internet (on my Web site), where you can see her (as she was a few months ago!), and listen to her amazing talent.

Please click here ..... http://www.john4music.tv/10.html

and....(with speakers on!) ..................... http://www.psrtutorial.com/P/HaddletonS.html

May I wish all members, from both of us, A happy and healthier New Year, full of Peace, Light and Love.

John

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Please send her all our good wishes for a speedy recovery and to getting her health back as quickly as possible so that she can yet again play her music.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Wow,i've just been listening to her music! I'm blown away,what talent.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Send her my best wished too
Hana

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
I trust she will now return to health & be able to play again, & that you will truly have a Happy New Year (((((Sunny)))))

Ian

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
im sending you both my best wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery :) xx amanda

saffireblue

Hi Everyone, and I want to thank you all for such wonderful thoughts and good wishes, and to tell you all that it's so very very important for us all to be there for each other, like you are for me and John. There is nothing more healing to some one that sick then to know that they do have friends like you, and especially ones who know the fear of that kind of illness. Fortunately I am married to a man whose Mother was a diabetic, and he knows the signs, but even he couldn't fortell how fast a persone can go downhill. So, my cause of illness that bad was poor diet due to my throat problem, which in turn depleted most of the vitamins in my body. I was told when admitted that had I stayed home, and ignored it all, I would have lasted about four more days. So, please, please, if you have a diet problem, or start feeling bad, do NOT wait...get yourself into see a qualified professional, A and E, or whatever is handy. And believe me, I am not saying this to scare anyone. This is an illness that acts quickly, and you can prevent further complications if you use your head. I was lucky, and the staff at North Staffordshire took 13 days to help me get my life back.

Once again, I do so much appreciate all of your wonderful comments, and it's good to be back home, in a new year, with a new appreciation of life itself...

My very best wishes to each and every one of you, and John and I both send our love and regards!!

Saffireblue

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Welcome back Saffire - trust you will steadily improve now, & get back to the music keyboard.

Happy New Year :!:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Take care of yourself Saffire,talent like yours cannot be wasted!!I hope 2009 sees you going from strength to strength.