i'm losing it

lister

Dislikes
people with no sense of humor rude people (being 50 lol)
wow
was told by dn i have lost just over a stone what a great feeling this is can't weight (PUN) :lol:
to lose much much more am now down to 19.2 stone from 20.5 at xmas.
just thought i would share this with you all.
i know i'm not the firs nor will be the last.
thank you everyone for all the support..... :D
Rob :D :D :D

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Well done you, Lister!

I was the same as you this time last year, lost 2 stone, put a bit on over Christmas, have got it off again but soooo slowly! You've done really well - congratulations!

Onwards and downwards . . . :wink:

Viv

MegaMan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not much I'm easy going :D
Good job keep pushing :)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Well done Rob. Keep it up! :D

lister

Dislikes
thanx everyone really apreciate it..
Rob :D

lister

Dislikes
hi louise,
how are you today.
thank you for your congrats and yes its part to do with lower carbs i'm now on between 60g carbs a day to 90g carbs a day i have stopped rice and pasta i only have 1 small roast potatoe on a sunday dinner and cut fats from meat and have put less food on plate i don't snack and only have fruit for pudding if i'm hungry i make sure i try to get veg fruit and meats in my diet.
it's been very hard for me but must keep being determined i find i feel fuller lately.
i get bored with salads so i make it interesting like adding roasted peppers or mushroom or little cheese or salmon sometimes a few olives chopped etc.
different every time and quite enjoyable.
making own dressings etc.
hope this helps you
best regards Rob
:D

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
Hi rob congratulations on your weight loss your doing very well .I too have shed 12ibs since my diagnosis . was 17.12 now 17 and honestly enjoy my weekly scales test my wife has joined in with the diet (shes not overweight) but it's encouraging as a couple. I can't excersize at the moment due to a spinal injury but i got my consultant appointment (surgery in may time-ish). Also we have turned into somewhat chefs le diabetes like yourself. Keep up the good work :D
PS i always have a pan of chilli soup at hand (stops the cravings for junk food etc. works for me). Hope to speak in the futur with you keep up the good work
JF.

JIMDOG1

Dislikes
patranising dr and nurses lol
thats great with a little determination we can lose the pounds im down from 20.3 to 19.6 yesterday :roll:

jiggle

Erm, chilli soup, sounds lovely...whats the recipe?
Well done with losing the weight....i've lost a stone and a half since being diagnosed 5 months ago. :D
Still as fed up as ever with the diagnosis. I only ever seem to read depressing news about it, how long we've all got until complications set in, whats foods we can or cannot eat, changes of opinions on high and low blood sugar, what we should and should not be doing etc etc!!
Its really refreshing to hear a WELL DONE...so well done and keep up the good work! :D

lister

Dislikes
thanx jimdog jiggle and jf.
by the way jf can you give me the recipe for chillie soup it sounds nice.
glad to hear both you and your wife work as a team my wife is very supportive to me as i am to her we are both disabled mine due to back problems hope your op goes well :D
you are doing well with your weight loss too so congratulations on that keep up the great work you are doing.
have you had the eye test for retinopathy :?: if so what do they do as i have to have one done next month for the first time. :|
you may like this recipe

dice a chicken breast fry in a little olive oil with 2 shallots and 2 cloves garlic
add a teaspoon of tomato puree and mix
add 1 tin chopped tomatoes and simmer untill cooked (add a little water as needed) when cooked add fresh basil never chopped but ripped (better flavour)the sauce should be thick not watery. grate a tiny amount of parmesan cheese.
hope you enjoy. an option is to add a little wine to the sauce when frying the chicken
regards rob... :)
serve with either a small amount of pasta or salad.

Tony B

well done, im the same, always been a big guy 19st etc, but had a spell of very high blood sugars, 24, and im T2 went to doctors extra tablets, he put it down to chest infection and stress etc, and ive really struggled to get them down, but after reading this site, thought i would try low carb, well what a difference, sugars now to 9 and im loosing weight as well.

feel hungrey most of the time as protien will cause this, only carbs fill you up, but there is carbs in most things, even veggies !

i feel more awake, not sleeply all the time and much much better in my self

tony b

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
lister said:
have you had the eye test for retinopathy :?: if so what do they do as i have to have one done next month for the first time. :|

Here is a link to a thread on retinopathy testing:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=18659

For your information I wrote two detailed posts on my visit to the opthalmologist for retinopathy screening which you might be interested in:

daisy1 said:
Re: Retinopathy Screening

Postby daisy1 » 04 Jan 2011, 16:30
I've just arrived home this minute after having my retinal scan. I can already see to use the computer although not as well as usual. I was waiting outside a restaurant for my husband to come and pick me up and could read the menu chalked up outside. I found the car headlights (and they all seemed to have them on) very dazzling. Luckily its a very dull day today so I didn't even need the dark glasses I had brought with me, or the hat. They asked me what medication I was taking and I forgot one as I take so many. They measured my glasses then they tested my eyes. First they photographed them. Then I had to read letters off a chart then look at a grid - could I see the edge of the grid, were the lines straight. If this had been the test for a driving licence (I don't know if it was) I could easily have cheated on that one! The drops did sting a bit but only briefly, nothing to worry about. He looked into my eyes with a bright light.Then he put more drops in before testing the pressure inside the eyes. They stung a bit more but again very briefly. I could perfectly well have walked home if it hadn't been too far, taken a bus or the train on my own (and read the number on the front of the bus) but wouldn't have been safe to drive. All in all not too bad at all :) All was OK, just the added risk of having diabetes plus high blood pressure.

daisy1 said:
Postby daisy1 » 05 Jan 2011, 07:29
To Dorcas,
My visit only took an hour. Before they put the drops in they asked me how I was going to get home. You have to wait 20 minutes (normally - I have heard it can take longer for the eyes to dilate) for the drops to work. The part with the doctor is quite quick. I didn't have to wait at all as I was early and jumped the queue as the person before me was late. My eyes took at least all afternoon and evening (went to bed with them still dilated) to go back to normal but with my glasses I could see fairly well (enough to use my computer). I gather that's not the case with everyone though - everyone's different (as we hear so often here!). The light - even indoors when near the window and I had to draw the curtains - troubled me a lot though. And the computer screen was a bit too bright for me.

I hope all this is helpful to you.

lister

Dislikes
thanks daisy it does help was just a bit anxious.
glad it turned out ok for you.
like you i have high blood pressure but my cholesterol is good at 5.2
Rob...

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Glad I could help. I hope your test goes well next month and the results are good. Let us know how you get on :)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Rob - did you notice the date - time on my first message - couldn't do it again if I tried!

Postby daisy1 » 11 Feb 2011, 11:11

Only just noticed now :lol:

lister

Dislikes
didn't notice that till you pointed it out daisy
thats a hard one to follow :lol: