I'm new

sarah10

Hi, i just wanted to say a quick hello :)

I'm 34 weeks pregnant and found out tuesday i have gest. diabetes. After having high glucose in my urine on my 25 + 28 week midwife appointments, i got sent for a glucose tolerance test at the hospital.
I was told if i didn't hear anything in a week, my results were normal, if there was something wrong, they would contact the doctors surgery.

So i don't hear anything and assume everythings fine :) however, at my midwife appointment on tuesday my urine showed up ++++ glucose, so she rung the hospital, turns out they had 'forgot' to get my results back.

So today i had an appointment at the diabetes clinic, they showed me how to check my blood sugars etc, abit about diet and the like, also i have a growth scan next tuesday, and if my sugar levels are too high in the next few days, i have to go on insulin :( i'm really dreading it.

I tested my sugars this morning at the clinic, they were 8.6, i'd eaten 2 hours before, just abit of porridge, and 2 glasses of water, so i don't know why it was so high?

Anyway enough of my rambling, everyone seems nice here so i'l have a look round some more :D

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.