I'm on holiday disneyland paris eating badly

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well go home tomorrow , but full board breakfast is bread butter jam yogurt , i have just been eating the bread and butter and a smear of jam, sugars after two hours 9.2

walking a lot checking sugar before meals 6.9 post meals 8.4 , but have been eating their cream cake, too nice and can't watch the rest of the family eating it makes me feel miserable .

So the highest reading has been 11.1 , but then an hour later it was down 6.9

Morning readings have been 6.9 and 7.2

Last day tomorrow long drive home leaving at 4 so back on lchf Friday.

I have enjoyed this holiday I must say and the food has been amazing.

Hope I haven't done much damage .

What do you guys think ?

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We were there last Easter but just for a day. We really enjoyed it. The food was very expensive and in hindsight not easy for a low carber - at that point I hadn’t really heard of it before so we just had what was there.

Combined it with days out in Paris.

Great for the kids, for sure.

Reactions: Charis1213

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

What do you guys think ?
Not too bad and the good time you've had probably did more good for your health than those numbers did bad. As long as you're not planning to go there once a month :)

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We were there last Easter but just for a day. We really enjoyed it. The food was very expensive and in hindsight not easy for a low carber - at that point I hadn’t really heard of it before so we just had what was there.

Combined it with days out in Paris.

Great for the kids, for sure.
You're correct, they only have cauli and broccoli which i like , no fruit and it is all bread cheese which is fine but other than that i have only been able to eat meat some veg and the desserts are all too yummy not eat when everyone else is eating them .

I feel well in myself and if i didn't test i wouldn't have known what the food was doing to my blood, its our fourth day tomorrow so back to normal Friday . Can't add exercise to that as we've walked around 9 miles a day so God knows what my numbers would have been without the walking lol

We're having an amazing time and saw the 'star wars' shows today which are absolutely fantastic . We've been four times before but this time was special with our one and only 7 year old grandson and its been awesome seeing his face at the parades and rides . Full board was an offer and we had to take advantage of it , I intended to stick to lchf but just couldn't resist those amazing cream cakes .

Reactions: Diawara and Antje77

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You're correct, they only have cauli and broccoli which i like , no fruit and it is all bread cheese which is fine but other than that i have only been able to eat meat some veg and the desserts are all too yummy not eat when everyone else is eating them .

I feel well in myself and if i didn't test i wouldn't have known what the food was doing to my blood, its our fourth day tomorrow so back to normal Friday . Can't add exercise to that as we've walked around 9 miles a day so God knows what my numbers would have been without the walking lol

We're having an amazing time and saw the 'star wars' shows today which are absolutely fantastic . We've been four times before but this time was special with our one and only 7 year old grandson and its been awesome seeing his face at the parades and rides . Full board was an offer and we had to take advantage of it , I intended to stick to lchf but just couldn't resist those amazing cream cakes .
Ah. We stayed in Paris in a hotel and got the train in so only ate lunch there etc.

We wished we had spent two days there and not one. Yes the parades were very good too. I agree, you end up doing a lot of walking. We have just got back from a trip to London and that involved a lot of walking - I am sure it helps.

M

Member496333

Probably hasn’t done much immediate harm in terms of glucotoxicity, but I suspect you’ll not have done yourself much good in terms of improving insulin sensitivity in the longer term. Your liver probably isn’t very happy about it. Only you know if it was worth it :)

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
My best mates daughter is having her 16th there in the summer. I'll bring loads macadamia's and find my way, perhaps more fasting. I try not to judge too much as this is a personal journey; I would say your average is what matters the most and that you had a good time.

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.4 just now, the last breakfast of french bread , then lunch at 12 with the cream cakes, then more fun and then journey to the tunnel . No more holidays booked for a while as saving to move house . It does show that a few days back on carbs has a quick impact .

I'm not worried as had a fab time and its been good for us all as a family .
Thanks guys for the replies x

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you enjoyed your holiday and I’m sure you’ll be back low carbing again. I tend to leave my meter at home when I go away so don’t do any testing.

Dexterdobe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being unwell and seeing BG levels soar
Well go home tomorrow , but full board breakfast is bread butter jam yogurt , i have just been eating the bread and butter and a smear of jam, sugars after two hours 9.2

walking a lot checking sugar before meals 6.9 post meals 8.4 , but have been eating their cream cake, too nice and can't watch the rest of the family eating it makes me feel miserable .

So the highest reading has been 11.1 , but then an hour later it was down 6.9

Morning readings have been 6.9 and 7.2

Last day tomorrow long drive home leaving at 4 so back on lchf Friday.

What do you guys think ?
Anyone who tells you all your toes will drop off as a result of all that sugary food is a liar. You will lose one or two at most:):):) Seriously, worrying about a bit of a binge will do you more harm than a few days of naughty eating. Eat well when you get home and all will be well.

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you enjoyed your holiday and I’m sure you’ll be back low carbing again. I tend to leave my meter at home when I go away so don’t do any testing.
Next time I am doing that not testing because I want to live life too and today first day back home , my morning numbers were 6.9 and been lower during the day , I've been back to my normal meal plan lchf .
Thanks .

Last edited:
Reactions: Antje77

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone who tells you all your toes will drop off as a result of all that sugary food is a liar. You will lose one or two at most:):):) Seriously, worrying about a bit of a binge will do you more harm than a few days of naughty eating. Eat well when you get home and all will be well.
Ha Ha love it, and thanks :)