Immunity problems

perrywinkle

Hello Everyone, Can I ask advice regarding getting better immunity from all the bugs and viruses which seem to be going around at the moment. I seem to be constantly poorly just get over one and then go down with another one really quickly. Doc says I need a holiday and some sunshine which I didnt find particuarly helpful! I asked if I could have a tonic or something to which he said no. Before diagnosis I used to take Metatone an old fashioned remedy but pharmacy wont sell it me now as Im Diabetic and say see the doctor. I take multivitamins, and had flu vac last autumn but it dosnt seem to be protecting me much at all.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
You could ask your GP if he thinks Vitamin D supplements would help.

Almost all of our VItamin D is made in our bodies by the effect of sunlight on skin. As we get older we make less; there is not enough sun for the process at our latitude anyway, in the winter; and I don't suppose many of us got much sunshine last summer :shock: .

I take 2400iu of Vitamin D3, one a day in the summer, 2 a day in the winter. It needs to be VitD3 as this form is the most easily absorbed. I had my levels checked last March, and they were very good indeed - and I feel much better in myself, I used to be so lethargic and depressed at this time of year! I've not had a single cold or anything this winter, despite regularly seeing people with small and very infectious children :D .

Talk it over with your GP. After all, by recommending a holiday and some sun, he's really saying "get some vitamin D".

Viv 8)

initforlove

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
diabetes
OLE

as in olive leaf extract

I used to catch every virus going and all of them developed to Bronchitis and pneumonia and lasted twice as long as everyone else's cold

I now swallow as much olive leaf extract as i can in as many doses as I can the day I start feeling a little tickle in throat or a little runny nose and for the past 5 years have never had any cold develop

my hubby refused to take olive leaf extract and he has been very sick with several colds while I did not get sick at all and finally he agreed to take olive leaf extract too and whereas everyone at his work was sick he was the only one not sick at all

i dont work for them BTW but if anyone wants to drown their viruses with Olive leaf extract - I hope it works for you as well as it works for me