Importance of Monitoring ones BS

pav

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After following doctors advice I reluctantly reduced my BS monitoring over the the years to only when feeling of colour, How wrong I was to follow their advice.

My BS crept up to nearly 23 over xmas and new year and was feeling of colour so tested and was shocked how high it had got. If this works I have put my trends up from xmas to present to show the importance of checking BS. I am type 2 and from my opinion of what doctors are saying I should not be bothered about monitoring BS, yes not going to take any more notice of them on testing routine.

There is a gap in feb where I was testing a new meter, my levels are coming down, but still peeking quite high but working on getting it back on track. Due to a change in meds also checking before driving.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 837

susanmanley

Also looks like your average would not show this up on testinf as there are highs and lows which would average out reasonable.
Why did they change the advice...except for financial reasons...?

pav

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They have not changed their advice, they are not bothered as the HBa1c is slowly creeping up, and sort of went un-noticed, until I took my meter with me when I went to have a B12 jab. The nurse was shocked at the results and made an appoitment with a good doctor, who changed the meds to add in gliclazide. Will be making another apoitment with the same nurse to see what the next part of the plan is.

The other docs showed no concern and just said continue as before :(, next one is if they query my test strip usage as used, more strips in a month than I used all last year.

At the moment they are not doing another HBa1c test for another 3 to 4 months, hopefully will have things sorted out a bit better by then. The current peaks appear to be when I have white crusty bread for a treat, no longer going to have them :(.

pav

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After a while of being on gliclazide, my numbers are coming down nicely with a a few peaks to sort out. The lows are where I have eaten late to used to the metformin side of life where I could eat a bit later.

Todays low is down to me being in sevear pain due to tooth ache, went to the dentist yesterday and could not find any thing wrong, now I only have to touch a tooth and it sends me through the roof. This leads onto a question, as I am on gliclazide should I take it tomorrow as I don't think I will be eating much and my appointment with the dentist again is not until the very late afternoon.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 643