Improved BG Levels & increased hunger

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

So recently my blood sugar's have improved a lot but my appetite has increased and I am soooo hungry lately! Has anyone else had this??

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you manage to modify your diet at all, or are your improved bloods result of the better weather or a great mystery?

If you have reduced your carbs, you may need to increase the fat a bit. What does your food diary say about your carbs, fat, protein and calories?

D

Deleted member 83869

Did you manage to modify your diet at all, or are your improved bloods result of the better weather or a great mystery?

If you have reduced your carbs, you may need to increase the fat a bit. What does your food diary say about your carbs, fat, protein and calories?

I have had my basal rates etc changed with thanks to @donnellysdogs :) and I guess my diet has changed a little bit, a few less carbs! and food diary????

Reactions: 2 people

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I haven't really got a techniqal answer . But when my bms are occasionally high , I can not even stand the thought of eating , if they go up a bit the last thing I'm thinking about is eating as I'm physical never hungry .
But when my bms are in range I do get pekish . So could be where you have better control and are feeling better that you get hungry .
That's just my experience with being high . But I know others will come along as above with better information than me lol .
Take care
:):):)

Reactions: 3 people
D

Deleted member 83869

I haven't really got a techniqal answer . But when my bms are occasionally high , I can not even stand the thought of eating , if they go up a bit the last thing I'm thinking about is eating as I'm physical never hungry .
But when my bms are in range I do get pekish . So could be where you have better control and are feeling better that you get hungry .
That's just my experience with being high . But I know others will come along as above with better information than me lol .
Take care
Haha! I have been high for too long...and well I love my food! ha! ;) My control over the past few days is a bit better and I now get times when I feel as if I haven't eaten a thing when about an hour before I had dinner!! x

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's brilliant to hear though that you are trying your best to sort your blood sugars out . And as you said they have been better over the last few days , it's excellent . It's good your not Just leaving them high and your trying to do something about it :).
I have to admit I love my food too :p , but that's just my opinion on myself going high and not being hungry . Might be something to do with your readings being a bit better , it might not be lol .
But well done on you for making the changes , you should be really happy with yourself :):):)

D

Deleted member 83869

That's brilliant to hear though that you are trying your best to sort your blood sugars out . And as you said they have been better over the last few days , it's excellent . It's good your not Just leaving them high and your trying to do something about it :).
I have to admit I love my food too :p , but that's just my opinion on myself going high and not being hungry . Might be something to do with your readings being a bit better , it might not be lol .
But well done on you for making the changes , you should be really happy with yourself :):):)

I think that is the reason I feel so poo because my body isn't used to them being below 10 for a long period of time ha! :/

Ohwell I'm sure I will get used to it soon haha

And thank you :) x

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When I was in my teens I'm 22 now . my bloods were all over the place !! Due to hormones ect , I've never neglected my diabetes .
But I was the exact same your blood starts coming down say to a ten and your like oh no this dose not feel right nore nice and all you want to do is have sugar to go back up and feel better , but it's not better , if that makes any sense . :confused:
It's as if you need to retrain your body whats wrong and whats right it will take a lot of patients and a lot of getting used to being below a ten . But it's so worth it in the long run for your health .
Later on down the line , you will feel high being a ten !! . And that's the right way to feel , so you will feel so rubbish , but once your used to it like your said you will feel great .
Your deffo going in the right direction :p

D

Deleted member 83869

When I was in my teens I'm 22 now . my bloods were all over the place !! Due to hormones ect , I've never neglected my diabetes .
But I was the exact same your blood starts coming down say to a ten and your like oh no this dose not feel right nore nice and all you want to do is have sugar to go back up and feel better , but it's not better , if that makes any sense . :confused:
It's as if you need to retrain your body whats wrong and whats right it will take a lot of patients and a lot of getting used to being below a ten . But it's so worth it in the long run for your health .
Later on down the line , you will feel high being a ten !! . And that's the right way to feel , so you will feel so rubbish , but once your used to it like your said you will feel great .
Your deffo going in the right direction :p

Ah yeah I am 20 in a few weeks haha! so it is more than likely my hormones! I wouldn't say I have neglected mine....I dont think!!

And yes that is true haha! Currently yawning every minute now hahaha! x

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm so sorry I didn't mean that you have neglected your diabetes hope you didn't take it like that . :(
Was trying to say haha , that sometimes you do all you can do and it doesn't work , and doctors couldn't even answer my questions or help me . And was told it was my hormones , but I guess maybe between 18 and now , my hba1c's have improved my current one is 6.7% .
Sometimes it can be such a tough road but you can get there . And it is do able .
I'm not surprised you must be feeling nasty but the better control you have the better you will feel eventually . It is so hard . Grrr
Whats your current hba1c. :):):)

D

Deleted member 83869

I'm so sorry I didn't mean that you have neglected your diabetes hope you didn't take it like that . :(
Was trying to say haha , that sometimes you do all you can do and it doesn't work , and doctors couldn't even answer my questions or help me . And was told it was my hormones , but I guess maybe between 18 and now , my hba1c's have improved my current one is 6.7% .
Sometimes it can be such a tough road but you can get there . And it is do able .
I'm not surprised you must be feeling nasty but the better control you have the better you will feel eventually . It is so hard . Grrr
Whats your current hba1c. :):):)
No no I know that haha! :) And since I was 18 mine has come down a bit I think and ermm my last hba1c was 10.5% I think....it had been 14% before that but I am due another hba1c in July so I am hoping it has come down even further!!

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No no I know that haha! :) And since I was 18 mine has come down a bit I think and ermm my last hba1c was 10.5% I think....it had been 14% before that but I am due another hba1c in July so I am hoping it has come down even further!!
Oh good haha :p , omg wow that's an achievement on its own there you've already brought your hba1c down and it was by quite a bit . :)
That's not too long to wait either for your next one . As you've said you've had better control hopefully it would of came down for you .
You will have to let me know what it is when you go .
Fingers crossed for you good luck .

D

Deleted member 83869

Oh good haha :p , omg wow that's an achievement on its own there you've already brought your hba1c down and it was by quite a bit . :)
That's not too long to wait either for your next one . As you've said you've had better control hopefully it would of came down for you .
You will have to let me know what it is when you go .
Fingers crossed for you good luck .
Yeah it had always been high I think and being on the pump has helped improve it now!

And will do!! Thank you !! :D xc

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah well the pump has seemed to of done something for your hba1c to change .
. I'm on injections never warmed to the idea of the pump . :oops: Do you feel you prefer the pump ?

Your welcome :):):)

D

Deleted member 83869

Yeah well the pump has seemed to of done something for your hba1c to change .
. I'm on injections never warmed to the idea of the pump . :oops: Do you feel you prefer the pump ?

Your welcome :):):)
I never liked the idea of a pump at first either but once on dafne and finding out what it does etc I wanted to try it out!! And well I think it's the best decision I have made!! :):shy:

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I never liked the idea of a pump at first either but once on dafne and finding out what it does etc I wanted to try it out!! And well I think it's the best decision I have made!! :):shy:

I think my problem is being attached to it all the time where as a pen you use it pop it back in its case . Strange I know lol :cyclops:
It's good it's worked out for you though :p

D

Deleted member 83869

I think my problem is being attached to it all the time where as a pen you use it pop it back in its case . Strange I know lol :cyclops:
It's good it's worked out for you though :p
Ah yes I know what you mean but you honestly don't know it's there! And you forget you're a diabetic at times....kinda haha!

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh wow really haha !! Sounds pretty good to me . Especially you not really knowing it's there .
I'd probably be a wierdo about it and be like but I know it's there !!
Haha :cyclops:

D

Deleted member 83869

Oh wow really haha !! Sounds pretty good to me . Especially you not really knowing it's there .
I'd probably be a wierdo about it and be like but I know it's there !!
Haha :cyclops:
Hahaha! I'm the same like you still know it's there but it is better! I used to be on about 160U of insulin a day now I am currently only on 40 units!! It definitely has its benefits!! :)

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hahaha! I'm the same like you still know it's there but it is better! I used to be on about 160U of insulin a day now I am currently only on 40 units!! It definitely has its benefits!! :)
Cor what a different in units :eek: , that's amazing that is . Think I roughly take 60 - 80 units

Reactions: 2 people