DanteNXS

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Health issues, uneducated doctors, and reality TV
Hello,

I am new to this forum and I am hoping to gain some insight into my current issues.

I was recently told that I have Reactive Hypoglycemia. My GTT results are as follows:

Fasting Glucose: 101 mg/dL Fasting Insulin: 19.3 uIU/mL
After Glucose drink: 185 135
30 Minutes later: 89 63
60 Minutes later: 66 11.2
60 Minutes later: 72 8.2
60 Minutes later: 82 10.8

Prior to having this GTT done, my complaints were cold feet, dizziness, pins/needles in the feet/arms/legs/hands, and raised HR at times.

Since having the test, I have been experiencing the same issues, along with one episode of total body convulsions that lasted about 20 minutes. I drank some OJ and got better in about 10 minutes. I have also been shaky and clamy, I woke up this morning with a sweaty chest, and head.

I have been experiencing mild anxiety for some time now, it comes and goes. Internal tremors are fairly constant, and muscle weakness and numbness have started to show.

I have been dealing with multiple health issues, that the doctors cannot pinpoint, for several months now. Hopefully I have found the cause.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

Thank you,

DanteNXS

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hello,

I am new to this forum and I am hoping to gain some insight into my current issues.

I was recently told that I have Reactive Hypoglycemia. My GTT results are as follows:

Fasting Glucose: 101 mg/dL Fasting Insulin: 19.3 uIU/mL
After Glucose drink: 185 135
30 Minutes later: 89 63
60 Minutes later: 66 11.2
60 Minutes later: 72 8.2
60 Minutes later: 82 10.8

Prior to having this GTT done, my complaints were cold feet, dizziness, pins/needles in the feet/arms/legs/hands, and raised HR at times.

Since having the test, I have been experiencing the same issues, along with one episode of total body convulsions that lasted about 20 minutes. I drank some OJ and got better in about 10 minutes. I have also been shaky and clamy, I woke up this morning with a sweaty chest, and head.

I have been experiencing mild anxiety for some time now, it comes and goes. Internal tremors are fairly constant, and muscle weakness and numbness have started to show.

I have been dealing with multiple health issues, that the doctors cannot pinpoint, for several months now. Hopefully I have found the cause.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

Thank you,

DanteNXS

Hi @DanteNXS,

Welcome to our unique club.

You have classic symptoms and some that I never had.
First, anxiety is amongst one of the worst of those symptoms. I had issues and lost all my confidence, though I regained it, it's still there sometimes.
Shakes are common traits of falling blood glucose levels.
Most symptoms are caused by fluctuations in your blood glucose levels.

Second, multiple health conditions, let me guess here, all to do with your liver, liver function , cholesterol, maybe kidney function, high bloods, mood swings, sweating and so on.

This is all to do with how your body processes food.
And most doctors haven't got a clue about what is going on with you.
If you have RH, then your body produces too much insulin.
Too much insulin creates visceral fat which goes around your endocrine system and its all downhill from there.

It's all about diet, it's all about what you can eat and what you can't.
The goodies are meat, protein, veg, dairy, full fat of course.
The baddies, carbohydrates and sugar.

I would read around our forum and the low carb forum and gain more knowledge and when you have more questions, we will gladly respond.

Welcome again.

DanteNXS

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hello nosher8355,

I appreciate the feedback.

I have been too so many doctors over the past 9 months, and none of them ever mentioned a thing about BG. My normal fasting BG is ~100. They have diagnosed me with thyroid, adrenal, pituitary, and lyme issues, only to change their minds every time. I had H. Pylori and a few other digestive issues, but they are all cleared up now. My new functional doctor ran some different tests and found that I am deficient in lithium, serotonin, and have RH. He also noticed that my liver wasn't functioning at 100%, so he has me on a supplement protocol.

I seem to do quite well for a week or two, then back down. It is so disheartening.

Reactions: 2 people

DanteNXS

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It says that I do not have permission to view your links

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Go to the top of page and click on forums, scroll down to reactive hypoglycaemic and all our threads are there.. Hope that gets you there or if @Brunneria is here she is good at the link thingimybob.
It says that I do not have permission to view your links
Hello nosher8355,

I appreciate the feedback.

I have been too so many doctors over the past 9 months, and none of them ever mentioned a thing about BG. My normal fasting BG is ~100. They have diagnosed me with thyroid, adrenal, pituitary, and lyme issues, only to change their minds every time. I had H. Pylori and a few other digestive issues, but they are all cleared up now. My new functional doctor ran some different tests and found that I am deficient in lithium, serotonin, and have RH. He also noticed that my liver wasn't functioning at 100%, so he has me on a supplement protocol.

I seem to do quite well for a week or two, then back down. It is so disheartening.

As I said there are so many symptoms with RH and complications because of it.
Liver function is one that I did have, but since being diagnosed and sorted my eating out, it went away with all the rest. And believe me, I was in a right state.

When you do find the forum, and I'll ask @Administrator to move this thread to our forum, read all about how unique and weird medically we are and so individual as well.

But there is only one treatment, eating the right food.

Hope this helps,, back to work, will look later.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome! See you in the RH section. If you havent found it yet, here is a link that will take you to the list of RH threads:

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/reactive-hypoglycemia.70/

Have a good read. You will see that, for all our many and different symptoms and issues, there is, overridingly, one way to make the biggest difference to living with RH - dietary control. Yes, there are some drugs that seem to help some of us, and other lifestyle changes that would help most of us, but over and over again it comes back to diet. :)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
@Brunneria has some really good links in her signature box, when you are allowed to view them!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi and welcome! See you in the RH section. If you havent found it yet, here is a link that will take you to the list of RH threads:

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/reactive-hypoglycemia.70/

Have a good read. You will see that, for all our many and different symptoms and issues, there is, overridingly, one way to make the biggest difference to living with RH - dietary control. Yes, there are some drugs that seem to help some of us, and other lifestyle changes that would help most of us, but over and over again it comes back to diet. :)
Hello, Is it possible to have access to your page?

Can you see the link in the middle of Bruns post?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Sorry, you are now in the reactive hypoglycaemic forum.
This thread is in it!.
Go to top of page and click on reactive hypoglycaemia.
The forum should open on to all the threads listed.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you using a smartphone? I understand the app takes the signatures out of the posts.
If you are looking at the forum using a computer or tablet without an app, you should see the signatures ok.

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Are you using a smartphone? I understand the app takes the signatures out of the posts.
If you are looking at the forum using a computer or tablet without an app, you should see the signatures ok.

I think now he has found us! Thanks Brun.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Go to the top of page and click on forums, scroll down to reactive hypoglycaemic and all our threads are there.. Hope that gets you there or if @Brunneria is here she is good at the link thingimybob.

As I said there are so many symptoms with RH and complications because of it.
Liver function is one that I did have, but since being diagnosed and sorted my eating out, it went away with all the rest. And believe me, I was in a right state.

When you do find the forum, and I'll ask @Administrator to move this thread to our forum, read all about how unique and weird medically we are and so individual as well.

But there is only one treatment, eating the right food.

Hope this helps,, back to work, will look later.

Do we still need to move the thread, nosher? :)