In need of motivation tips and tricks...

SallyRit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum but in need of some motivation regarding weight loss.

I am 5'6" and currently weight 11st 1lb. This is not my highest weight, but I don't want to get any bigger!

Currently have sore knees, which is stopping me from running. I used to run at least 15 miles a week. Going to see a physio on Monday to try and get this sorted.

In the meantime, I'm trying to stop eating so much! Feel like I'm binge eating every day now :(

Does anyone have any tips or motivation to help me stop myself from reaching for the biscuits, crisps etc? Have to say my Hba1c was 10.2 last time it was done in July - not the best I know.

Any help will be appreciated :)

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi and welcome

If you do not mind me saying what you should be concentrating first is your glucose levels and if you get these in order you will find that the weight will follow.

An hbA1c of 10,6% corresponds to an average glucose level of 14,3 mmol. God only knows how high your post prandial peaks are if your average level is so high.

You are doing damage to your internal organs all the time your glucose levels are so high. Those crisps and biscuits might as well be poison.

Get rid of them and make sure that you have other healthier options available to you for those times when the munchies strikes.

It really disturbs me that you wrote in to ask just about your weight and appear to be unconcerned with your real problem, which is your diabetes that your hba1c reveals to be out of control.

For your sake you need to get to grips with this and bring your glucose down drastically.

Please tell us more about you so that we may offer more constructive advise about how you can control your diabetes better and lose weight at the same time.

What type are you?

What medication are you on?

Do you self test your glucose levels?

What is a typical day's diet?

I hope that my response does not appear overly harsh but I do believe that you need to do something about your glucose levels now.

Pavlos

Reactions: 6 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
I was 11st on this photo in May,I am 5ft 6ins tall,I was realy quite happy with this weight and took a size 14 in clothes.
I am now 9 and a half stone,I wasnt looking to lose weight but had to get my blood sugar levels down.
I have gone on the low carb high fat way of eating,and feel very good and my blood sugar has gone down to what they call national standerds.
I dont want to lose any more weight,and I have been static for the last few weeks.
Look round this forum and you will read advice on what to eat,but I wouldnt worry about weight,I would worry about blood sugar levels and it will come together.

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuna,People spitting on the floor and ironing.
I was 11st on this photo in May,I am 5ft 6ins tall,I was realy quite happy with this weight and took a size 14 in clothes.
I am now 9 and a half stone,I wasnt looking to lose weight but had to get my blood sugar levels down.
I have gone on the low carb high fat way of eating,and feel very good and my blood sugar has gone down to what they call national standerds.
I dont want to lose any more weight,and I have been static for the last few weeks.
Look round this forum and you will read advice on what to eat,but I wouldnt worry about weight,I would worry about blood sugar levels and it will come together.
Wow Patricia you have done really well,I need to loose weight a couple of stone the dn nurse said I am 5ft 7 and mainly carry the weight on my top half,I haven't been dieting just eating no carbs in 2 weeks I have lost 7 Ib and have been doing some walking,I feel so much better and my levels are going down,before dinner it was 5.0 just need to check it later.

Reactions: Prem51

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Well done Snowy.
The problem with losing weight is you dont seem to lose it where you want to lose it.but like i said I wasnt aiming to lose weight.
Im a lot older than you and look a bit like a dried prune.

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done Snowy.
The problem with losing weight is you dont seem to lose it where you want to lose it.but like i said I wasnt aiming to lose weight.
Im a lot older than you and look a bit like a dried prune.
Thankyou not bothered where it goes from that is at the moment lol but sure I will.I am sure you don't look like a prune either.

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Snowy,from what I have read it seems to lose round the waist is most important.

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snowy,from what I have read it seems to lose round the waist is most important.
Oh I hope so as this is where it needs to go the most,my chest could do with a slim down as well lol.

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Ill have a bit of your chest ,mine has gone.

SallyRit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Pavlos

I know that the hba1c is a problem and am trying to change this. To be honest I've been through a rebel phase and have only just been back to see the diabetic nurse this week. Taking things one step at a time and trying to get things sorted one day at a time.

I'm type 1, currently on levemir and novorapid.

Really frightened to put weight on as it makes my mood so low...

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ill have a bit of your chest ,mine has gone.
You are very welcome to it lol,not sure how I will send it to you but if it manages to fall and I catch it it's all yours
image.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Llinz04

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Easy way of solving this problem os to not buy any ****, if its not in the house then you'll stop eating it.. Fill your house with foods like fruits, veg, nuts etc :)

Goodluck

Reactions: 4 people

Janey2567

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I'm new to all this as was diagnosed last March with type 2, I am on 2 x Metformin and sometimes feel ******, I have just bought a blood glucose checker, at the moment it is 6.8, I need to know what I can do to bring it down, and I could do with a really good plan, would appreciate any advice, many thanks

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi I'm new to all this as was diagnosed last March with type 2, I am on 2 x Metformin and sometimes feel ******, I have just bought a blood glucose checker, at the moment it is 6.8, I need to know what I can do to bring it down, and I could do with a really good plan, would appreciate any advice, many thanks
Hi janey2567, we are all different , have you tried the low carb' high fat ? Most successful posters here have gone on it, have you seen the usual info that @ daisy1 posts for those who wish to try this ?

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Cu the biscuits and crisps!!!!
Cut the bread spuds pasta noodles too.
Snack on nuts pork scratchings full fat yoghurts.

Reactions: 2 people