Kenny's "In Remission" thread

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It will heal quicker because of your sugar levels, and you probably had enough energy to cause it in the first place! Always look on the bright side.:)
And superb hba1c results!:couchpotato:
(I'm a on a tablet so no idea what these emoji are...!!!)
Thanks, but it was my own fault, playing football. Two months is a bit much IMO and I need to have a word with my tendons.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Update: two years since my initial "normal" HbA1c. Current situation is HbA1c reading steady at 37; another 5kg vanished; BP at 125/80 - so that'll do. Unfortunately low-carb seems to have no effect on a torn achilles....
I struggled with a similar problem for a long time until I found a sympathetic physio. Six sessions of ultrasound treatment did the trick, the inflammation subsided and the tendon healed. Good luck with your recovery!

Reactions: KennyA

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I was (finally) diagnosed on 9 December 2019, so I've reached the four year point - although I've probably been diabetic for at least thirteen years.

~20g carb/day for four years (sustainable, I think), no symptoms to speak of, and all HbA1cs low-normal since (and including) the one in April 2020.

Last edited:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was (finally) diagnosed on 9 December 2019, so I've reached the four year point - although I've probably been diabetic for at least thirteen years.

~20g carb/day for four years (sustainable, I think), no symptoms to speak of, and all HbA1cs low-normal since (and including) the one in April 2020.
Brilliant
And motivating
Thank you

Reactions: KennyA and Paul41

Paul41

I’m posting here as I feel like a dog with two tails!
A1C test results today show I’m no longer pre diabetic
I think for me it’s very much still work in progress, I’ve a little weight to go to be happy. I’ll be happier if everything is still on track in another 6 months.
IMG_1343.jpg

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m posting here as I feel like a dog with two tails!
A1C test results today show I’m no longer pre diabetic
I think for me it’s very much still work in progress, I’ve a little weight to go to be happy. I’ll be happier if everything is still on track in another 6 months.View attachment 65807
Really well done! a bang normal HbA1c!

It only seems like yesterday that you were making your first steps toward this, but we all know it takes a lot of willpower and determination. Top result.

Paul41

Really well done! a bang normal HbA1c!

It only seems like yesterday that you were making your first steps toward this, but we all know it takes a lot of willpower and determination. Top result.

Thanks Kenny,
Yes I arrived on places like this only a few months ago like a dear in the headlights.
This place helped no end , great advice and then it all falls into place.
Yes of course we all need willpower and determination but far better than the possible alternate future.

Cheers guys ( ****** I’m tea-total presently )

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Kenny,
Yes I arrived on places like this only a few months ago like a dear in the headlights.
This place helped no end , great advice and then it all falls into place.
Yes of course we all need willpower and determination but far better than the possible alternate future.

Cheers guys ( ****** I’m tea-total presently )
I'll have a small whisky on your behalf tonight.