Increasing BG....

snow-white

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,

I've had T2 for 2.5 years now and have been diet controlled. However, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to control my BG readings. I try to eat LCHF and walk briskly for 30 minutes per day. Recently my daily average readings have been around 8.5 (used to be around 6 to 7)

My 1st reading this morning was 9.1 (think this may be the highest I've had in the morning) - can anyone advise?

Also, at what HBA1C level would a GP normally put you on medication?

I'm starting to feel as though my life revolves around diet and diabetes and I'm getting increasingly depressed about the whole thing :(

Thanks for any advice given

Last edited by a moderator:

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
No personal experience as I am type 1 but if you are staying active and keeping the carbs down and still going high it may be time to go on some medication as your insulin production and/or insulin resistance may be deteriorating......

its OK to go on meds though, it will likely happen eventually, with any diabetic.....

i think the prescription of meds isn't solely based on HbA1c, as the short term fluctuation blood glucose can also have harmful effects in the long term.....