Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi Forum Users,

To increase the Text size, look to the top right of the background panel on this page, beneath the red banner

There is a faint A with up/down arrows either side of it.

Use these arrows to move text size up and down, making it clearer to see and use the forum.

Hope this helps,

Dan

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
If you can't see the faint A with up/down arrows either side of it just depress Alt & the += key.

Alt & -_ reduces it.

James Price

It may be a stuiped question but as some people with diabetes have problems with glaucoma would it not then be advisable to have the font size increased? Perhaps without the need for someone with eye sight that may be compromised to search for what I have to say is an almost invisible letter A.
Please let me know what you think.
Regards James Price

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Good idea ,James ,however if the overall font size was changed I think the site may have problems with band width but Admin would be able to answer that .

Trinkwasser

You can set a default text size in your browser which means you shouldn't have to keep adjusting it on a per site basis.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
IanD said:
If you can't see the faint A with up/down arrows either side of it just depress Alt & the += key.

Alt & -_ reduces it.

I think that should read Ctrl & the + or - keys.

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Can I suggest that you have another look at your keyboard Sid? You will find that the + key is a dual-function key (as are most computer keys) and carries the symbol + with = below it. Similarly the - key has the characters - and _ on it. Ian was simply trying to avoid confusion by describing to readers what characters appear on the key that you need to press.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Sorry Dennis, you've totally lost me there :?

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Just to clarify this:

Pressing the Alt key and the += key does not enlarge the forum view unless you have changed the default settings in Windows etc.

What you have to do is press the Ctrl key as Sid says along with either the plus + key on the numerical keypad or the += key on the main keyboard. This allows you to enlarge the text ad infinitum.

To reduce the text size just use the Ctrl and minus - key instead.

Not sure if a Mac is the same though.

Hope that helps.

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Sid,

My apologies - I thought you were referring to Ian's mention of the += key, not whether you need to press Crtl or Alt. I think I'll just go back to bed!!