informing dvla for first time

geoffry

Hi, I have been lads for 12 months, now just had insulin added. On the dvla form do I assume, as they can check, that I need to confirm I have had some hypos? I am v hypo aware, never needed assistance but cos of the nature of lada, my bms are often all over the place, hence now needing insulin. Also, is it worth putting a note in asking them to only get med info from the consultant not the gp (it looks like I have to put both down) as my gp misdiagnosed me a type 2, (at only 10 stone and underweight!), we had to push for hosp appt and since then has confirmed he didn't know what lads was.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
geoffry ,
Tel them that you are on insulin, but as your hypos have been self treated, then they don't need to know them as this would only confuse them.

ME2U

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They only need to know if you had Assistance at anytime...nothing else...its upto your Diabetic Consultant if your fit enough to drive...if asked that question then the answer would be NO. regardless of your meter readings.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
They only need to know if you had Assistance at anytime...nothing else...its upto your Diabetic Consultant if your fit enough to drive...if asked that question then the answer would be NO. regardless of your meter readings.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Yo need to inform DVLA if on insulin and it up to DVLA if the will issue a licence to drive or not

Type 2 diagnosed 24/01/2013.
Novomix 30, Victoza, Simvistatin.