Infusion sets

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Hi,

Been wondering about infusion sets for a while now..

When I first started pumping (Accu-chek combo) I started with the flex link as I was unsure about a steel cannula. A few weeks later the cannula's were recalled due to kinking issues. With the tender link being the only other choice and feeling like the beginner I was, I decided to swap to the rapid-D link and have used that cannula ever since.

Now i'm a little fed up with the Rapid-D, I'm naturally gifted at being clumsy and have ripped out my cannula on too many occasions to count, With it being steel and rigid it sometimes can be painful and messy leaving me no choice but to avoid that area until fully healed.

I'm tempted to swap back to the flex link but i'm worried about kinking, I also cannot bring myself to use the link assist so I would be inserting them manually, although it has been said the introducer is shorter and thinner than before? I also prefer that they detach at the site rather than leaving a short amount of tubing when disconnected.

Wondering if i'm experienced enough now to try the tenderlink, any advice on either of the cannulas would be awesome! Spanks!

scoyyt57

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use the Accu-Chek combo and use the Accu-Chek Flexlink cannula with 60cm tubing. I have been using the pump for about a year and have had no problems with kinking. Hope this helps :)

Anne x