1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Infusion sites

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by Topher, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Topher

Topher Type 1 · Well-Known Member

How many sites do people use, I use about 3-4 that I rotate, every 3 days around the belly area, anywhere else and the obsorbtion is pretty poor and makes my bs levels spike above 11

• Like Like x 2
  2. CarbsRok

CarbsRok Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I start just below rib cage from left to right and work my way down one side and then swop over to the other side.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Gaz-M

Gaz-M Type 1 · Well-Known Member

my pattern is similar I start in the centre of my stomach and work across use under the ribs to my side, then move down 2 inches and work the way back to the centre of my stomach and so on and then start on the other side.

4. Topher

How many sites do you use on each side of the stomach ?

5. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Mainly just use my sides and back of my arms, tried the legs soon after starting on a pump but the absorption rate was poor.

6. CarbsRok

Possibly 17 - 20 Have been doing this for the last 8 years without a problem.

7. Susan1991

Susan1991 Type 1 · Member

I just work my way across my tummy each day for three of them, with one a day on a leg - the levemir. I find it's slower on the leg and not so effective, and I also find it more painful, but I prefer to have one on the leg than all of them on the tummy. I developed a lump on one leg and was told to avoid it. I've been diabetic since 1991 but only injecting since 2007.

8. CarbsRok

Hi Susan,
    I think you have misread the question. Topher is asking about cannula sites for insulin pumps not injections :)

9. Topher

Hi, thanks guys just interesting to know

10. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

I do this between my ribs and just above my waist all the way around my midriff:

[​IMG]

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook