Injections

Lorenn94xx

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Hi I'm wondering if anyone can help me I've been told that I have to have an injection I am type 2.. It's either glp1 or insulin can anyone please recommend one that would be better for me? Thank you x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hi sorry i cant help but hope someone can

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you drive then it may make a difference. If you go onto insulin you have to inform the DVLA and get a restricted 3 year driving licence. If you go onto something like Byetta or Victoza then you don't.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. GLP-1 is an injection typically aimed at T2s who are a lot overweight. There are various branded versions such as Liraglutide. Insulin is aimed at anyone who can't control blood sugar through tablets and sensible carb intake. GLP-1 drugs do have some side effects so Google the web to find out more. Insulin effectively has no side effects but doesn't help weight reduction as GLP1s do. If you are overweight then are you low-carbing? This is virtually the only way to get weight and blood sugar down at least to some extent and possibly avoid a GLP-1. Are you already on some tablets including Metformin? Note that taking insulin if greatly overweight can result in high doses and blood sugar swings so the right diet is also important with it