Inset II cannulas

Lucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I changed my set earlier this evening (about 3 hours ago I guess) and I've just found it hanging from my pump, not inserted at all. Didn't feel it come out so I don't know how long it has been like that for. Normally the sticky part is really sticky and I have trouble pulling it out usually but I've just felt this one and it wasn't sticky at all. Has anyone else come across this before? Wondered why my bg was starting to rise slightly. I can't believe I didn't feel anything, especially as the pump rep told us that the cannula would only come out when pulled hard so we'd know about it.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Yep, I've had this before, in August for a celebratory meal

I was in a Chinese as much as you like restaurant, having stuffed myself.went to the loo and my set which should have been in my leg wasn't. I didn't know how long it had been out for either, didn't know how much of literally quadruple bolus's or my increased basal rate had pumped through.

Fortunately, I always care spare sets in my glove compartment of my car,so I got one handy.

As it had been such a huge. One off meal, I re bolused half of the bolus again and then did tests all night.

And my very first set that I put in my stomach came off whilst I was working hard in the garden and it didn't like my sweat...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Lucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh dear - what a quandry to find yourself in. I inserted this set in the bathroom while my children were in the bath - I wonder whether the steam prevented it from sticking (although I don't remember it being particularly humid in there). Of course now I'm constantly checking it's still in!