Insight error code

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Just checked my emails and found one from Roche We recently received feedback from a small number of people using the
Accu-Chek Insight insulin pump system, that their Accu-Chek Aviva Insight handset displayed the maintenance message M-83 "Pump not able to complete task". Seeing this message, the users expressed that they were unsure if the programmed task (e.g. a remote bolus sent from the handset to the pump) had been completed or not.

We have identified that this maintenance message occurs only during the communication process, i.e. if the data transfer between the Accu-Chek Insight insulin pump and the Accu-Chek Insight handset is interrupted. As there is currently no specific description relating to this maintenance message in the user manual, this message may potentially cause confusion with users and caregivers.

As your safety is our top priority, we are in the process of updating the user manual for the Accu-Chek Insight handset to provide additional clarity on the
M-83 maintenance message. We will provide an enhanced version of the user manual once it is available

Reactions: 4 people

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can some kind soul help me PLEASE. I AM GET ING A REPLACEMENT HANDSET TOMORROW for my Insight pump. Getting worried about linking new Handset and original pump. I am not very good receiving instructions over the phone from Roche!

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Press main menu on the new handset, press the communication symbol, then press new pairing, a message will come up reading , ensure device is in discovery mode ( this means make sure your pump is in discovery mode which it will be as you have been using the other handset ) then press next and it will search for new devices and find the pump, the handset shows you what to do step by step so you should be ok, hope this helps.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Like you @Gemma2 I had a replacement Insight handset - I recall that it was a straightforward process to pair it with the pump, although I can't remember exactly how I did it but it was a step by step process as @philchap1 says so nothing to worry about.

When you send the old handset back they ask you not to return the battery - have kept my one as a spare! The problem with my handset wasn't battery related - it was a mechanical defect with the on/off switch, so I figure the battery's fine.

Good luck with it - and don't worry, you can do it!

:)

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Make sure you've got your settings backed up and/or written down first.

:)

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Many thanks for your feedback everyone re replacement hand set meter. In panic I contacted my Clinic and I have an appt with computer guru there who will do it for me and also will change my Diasend account with new Handset serial number..

Reactions: 4 people