Insight handset charging

sticks71

Hi All. I switched over from the Omnipod to the Insight pump on Thursday and all going well so far (I have used tubed pumps before).

However I'm interested to hear how people charge the insight handset - does anyone leave it on charge all night and if so does the charge then last throughout the day? Not sure whether leaving it on charge all night will harm the performance of the battery over time?

My concern is that the charge could run out during the day at work, and I'm often away from my desk for long periods of time (in meetings etc) so don't want to run the risk of it running out so that I can't test etc.

Cheers

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My handset last a good few days without charging but I charge it probably every other day for around 2 hours.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
This is the charge in my hand set at the moment and the last time I charged It was Thursday

Attachments

• 1444556025849.jpg
    1444556025849.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 169

sticks71

Really!! Mine seems to need a bit of a charge every few hours and I only got it on Thursday!! Maybe I'll monitor it and if it doesn't improve I'll speak to Roche. Thanks

Reactions: 2 people

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
I just charge mine every 2 days for a few hours whether it needs it or not that's directly into the mains not through a laptop/computer etc I use it regularly and it lasts constantly I've run out once when I first got it but not since

sticks71

I'm wondering if there's a problem with mine then, as the charge does seem to drop quite a bit each day. Also if I leave the handset for a couple of hours it seems to go into some sort of sleep mode where the only way of getting it going again is to put it on charge, even though the indicator shows there's plenty of charge left in it, and it takes a couple of minutes for it to start up - very frustrating! Think I'll give Roche a call

steveo4

I was on the insight and the battery lasted 2 days but have now gone back to injections because I was fed up being attached to the pump all the time. I would love to try the omnipod but they are not available at my hospital. Why did u stop using the omnipod ?

sticks71

I was on the Omnipod for about 4 years. It is good in that there's no tubes but my skin started having a really bad reaction to the adhesive, and none of the creams or sprays helped. Plus i experienced quite a few pod failures

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
My handset lasted a week at least between charges! I think it also depends upon how much you are using it!!

However, yours does sound as if it has probs...