Insight Rapid-D SS canula recall

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone else got news on this?

I had a call from the hospital today saying that Roche are voluntarily recalling all SS rapid-Ds for the Insight due to reported instances of needles breaking off.

Options given to me were go back to the Teflon sets (which I'll try for a while), go onto the Combo pump (I think that was the one, but that requires training and I'm away working for 5 of the next 6 weeks) or go back to MDI (last choice)

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Hi Ely Dave

I saw the Roche rep on Tuesday and confirm that the recall is correct. I'm one of the people who reported their needle breaking inside me (4weeks ago)

I'm now using Flex links they seem ok but I'm still weary of the inserter

I found there Rapids were painfull if I leant against something so they released the the Tender's which I'd used for years before they were brilliant for me, but now their needles are thick and they just did not stick at all I was using plasters to keep them in place.

Let's hope they sought their issues out

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Why haven't they notified people by email like they normally do?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
There is nothing on MHRA website either?

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
I know its poor show all round !!!!!!

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Ely Dave

I saw the Roche rep on Tuesday and confirm that the recall is correct. I'm one of the people who reported their needle breaking inside me (4weeks ago)

I'm now using Flex links they seem ok but I'm still weary of the inserter

I found there Rapids were painfull if I leant against something so they released the the Tender's which I'd used for years before they were brilliant for me, but now their needles are thick and they just did not stick at all I was using plasters to keep them in place.

Let's hope they sought their issues out
Ouch :(.

The inserter is a bit OTT isn't it.

BTW, I wasn't asking if the recall was true, I already knew that bit;)

Reactions: 2 people

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Ouch :(.

The inserter is a bit OTT isn't it.

BTW, I wasn't asking if the recall was true, I already knew that bit;)

The inserter is a bit OTT but I was told you can insert them manually but using the inserter cuts the chance of causing them to link

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The inserter is a bit OTT but I was told you can insert them manually but using the inserter cuts the chance of causing them to link

That should be Kink not link!!!

Reactions: 2 people

D_Mum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Following this with interest. I'm new here but joined to get involved in this thread . About a month ago I removed my son's Rapid cannula and shockingly discovered there was no needle on the end of it. Xray the next day confirmed it was indeed still in his buttock! What followed were lots of hours wasted at the hospital while everyone deliberated over what to do. No official guidance from Roche but they thought it ought to come out, D team agreed but surgeons were reluctant to start cutting him up trying to find (excuse the pun) a needle in a haystack and causing scar tissue on an area we rely on for insulin absorption. So here we are a month later, the needle is still in him, he's not in any pain and there are no signs of infection - yet. It's been stressful as you can imagine. Sent the cannula back to Roche but nothing heard from them until Friday when I got a phone call out of the blue wanting to update their case notes with what has happened since I reported it. No mention of a recall to me so it'll be interesting to see what happens. Tempted to go back to the Combo as my son really doesn't like the other infusion sets ...